"Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – on a sesame seed bun."

Nice recreation. I cooked many. Worked at McDonald's in Torrance, corner of Crenshaw and Artesia, 1971-1973. Met my wife there (married 42 years now.) She worked the window, I worked grill--- I hated working the window, "I want a cheeseburger, no pickle." Well then, take the friggin pickle off! Also saw the power of franchising first-hand and up close, useful for when I later franchised my company around the world.

That's awesome! Wasn't even born then :-D. Your story is pretty inspiring btw. The Mike Brinda and good to have you on here. :thumb:

I gotta hang out in Q-Talk more for threads just like this one. Looks fantastic, Sako. I eat fast food burgers off and on when I don't feel like making my lunch in the morning before I go to work. None of them compare to how good that one looks. Baby Big Macs (sliders) at the bash?!

Your's looks great. The last time I went to MickyD's, I was asked if they could help me. I replied, "Give me a moment, I haven't been here in about a decade." That was about 7 years ago.

Epic looking burger and even better beer

I have to comment on the dedicated piece of Cambria that you used for your assembly. classy burger deserves a classy counter top

I gotta hang out in Q-Talk more for threads just like this one. Looks fantastic, Sako. I eat fast food burgers off and on when I don't feel like making my lunch in the morning before I go to work. None of them compare to how good that one looks. Baby Big Macs (sliders) at the bash?!

Thanks Marty! I think it'll be tedious work at the bash with BigMac sliders. I've got something else in mind for the bash. :-D

I have never seen a Big Mac that looked that good Amazing

Your's looks great. The last time I went to MickyD's, I was asked if they could help me. I replied, "Give me a moment, I haven't been here in about a decade." That was about 7 years ago.

Epic looking burger and even better beer

I have to comment on the dedicated piece of Cambria that you used for your assembly. classy burger deserves a classy counter top

Thanks guys!

We were at a competition this weekend so I missed this thread, but that looks great! I love the use of the tortilla press!

Did you just use another bun bottom for the middle bun?

Looks great Sako. Mainly the ingredients, but also the care you took in putting it together. Not thrown together like the 16 year old at McD's does. Why, thank you for putting all the toppings on one half, one patty half way off the bun, but the cheese is centered, the other patty half way off the other way. I love having to rebuild my sandwich...

We were at a competition this weekend so I missed this thread, but that looks great! I love the use of the tortilla press!

Did you just use another bun bottom for the middle bun?

Thanks Ron!

The tortilla press helped a lot since it's a pain to shape thin patties. I did use a bottom bun by trimming some off with a bread knife.

Looks great Sako. Mainly the ingredients, but also the care you took in putting it together. Not thrown together like the 16 year old at McD's does. Why, thank you for putting all the toppings on one half, one patty half way off the bun, but the cheese is centered, the other patty half way off the other way. I love having to rebuild my sandwich...

Totally. Thanks Terry!

Back