TV Viewing tonite

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
History channel took some video at the Autry contest and it is supposed to be on tonite. Don't know if we made the cut but should still be fun to watch...

Garage Gadgets.
Airs on Wednesday, June 28 at 9:00pm ET

Handy around the house? You will be after this history of the household garage. From lawn care products to snow removal and outdoor cooking, the garage gadgets for do-it-yourselfers have evolved over the decades to meet the ever-changing challenges of maintaining a home. With a typical garage as our starting point, we'll explore the uncommon histories behind some common garage items such as the lawn mower, string trimmer, leaf blower, barbecue grill, and more. TVPG

BBQ Tech.
Airs on Wednesday, June 28 at 10:00pm ET

An old-fashioned style of cooking, barbecue has evolved into a modern food craze and spawned a multi-billion dollar industry. We digest famous barbecue cook-offs and visit long-established barbecue restaurants like Arthur Bryant's in Kansas City, where the huge grills and taste thrills of true barbecue are more popular than ever. At home, three out of four US households own a grill. After WWII's end, the phenomenon of backyard barbecuing swept the nation, thanks to inexpensive and mass-produced grills, including the kettle-shaped Weber. Our tour of Weber's modern factories shows how they keep pace with demand by manufacturing more choices than ever, including portable mini-grills. We also examine the variety of fuels available for the savory selection of spicy sauces and rubs. Join us as we devour the mouthwatering flavors of BBQ in this episode. TVPG L

You forgot the one at 8:00 pm:

The Butcher.
Airs on Wednesday, June 28 at 8:00pm ET

In a carnivorous world, a butcher is a necessary link in the food chain, carving a carcass of unsavory flesh into mouthwatering cuts. We trace the grisly trade's evolution--from yesteryear's butcher-on-every-corner to today's industrial butcher working on a "disassembly" line. We tour the infamous remains of the Chicago Stockyards, where Upton Sinclair, Clarence Birdseye, and refrigeration changed butchering forever; witness high-speed butchering; and travel to a non-stop sausage factory. And if you're still squeamish, a USDA inspector offers the lowdown on HACCP--the country's new system of checks and balances on everything from quality grading to E. coli, Salmonella, and Mad Cow Disease. Finally, we visit the last bastion of old-school butchering--the rural custom butcher, who slaughters, eviscerates, skins, and cuts to his customer's wishes.

I saw my teammate on at the Autry. MrsMista was laughing at me because I was saying, "That's my smoker! That's my Chargriller!!"

Watched it last night.Fell asleep right at the end. Woke up an hour later.
Strange.....this morning I have a bizzarre urge to eat some acid.

I actually thought the History did a great job in explaining the difference between Real BBQ and Grilling. It was a very well done and well worth the hour spent watching it.

Neil, I was wondering if I saw any of your set up. Now you need to list the exact moment in the show when it came up so I can roll it back. :)

All in all, I thought the show was informative. The 1/10th of a second footage me in the beginning, another 1/10th second of spraying my pork butt at the end of the show plus the glimpses of our team site and equipment were my highlights.

Back