Contest Announcment TROY PIGOUT Troy New York July 16-19

1 case of st louis trimmed will be given to each team, you are free to purchase more on your own and cook them if you wish :p

thanks eric, is that 9 racks? my restaurant depot cases are 3 cryovacs 3 racks per, if i remember correctly.

Last edited:
Troy update

Heres a last minute update to the teams heading to Troy. The Peoples Choice "Ribs For Racks" contest on Saturday does not have a meat inspection, you can cook your ribs when ever, wherever. The free case of ribs will be available starting at 5:00 PM Friday night.
I encourage all of you to cook as much as you feel comfortable with as we have in the past sold out in less than two hours.

All RV/Trailers must be loaded into the site Friday,Load in begins at 2:00 PM. All teams are encouraged to load in Friday, but no later than 9:30 on Saturday. All Spots have been preassigned.

All Teams will receive 2 bags of Ice each day of the contest and one case of Brew ! There will also be goody bags .Fireworks are Saturday Night.

See you all Friday

Heres a last minute update to the teams heading to Troy. The Peoples Choice "Ribs For Racks" contest on Saturday does not have a meat inspection, you can cook your ribs when ever, wherever. The free case of ribs will be available starting at 5:00 PM Friday night.
I encourage all of you to cook as much as you feel comfortable with as we have in the past sold out in less than two hours.

All RV/Trailers must be loaded into the site Friday,Load in begins at 2:00 PM. All teams are encouraged to load in Friday, but no later than 9:30 on Saturday. All Spots have been preassigned.

All Teams will receive 2 bags of Ice each day of the contest and one case of Brew ! There will also be goody bags .Fireworks are Saturday Night.

See you all Friday
ribs for racks eh? NICE!!!

I am helping/cooking with Brian of Ma's Q Crew and he shared the following info this morning per an email he received,

[FONT=&quot]Important new information about the People's Choice Competition![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Each participating [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]team will receive [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 case (24 racks) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]St. Louis style ribs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please let us know if this changes your plans to participate. Note that you will receive your ribs at check-in and are welcome to begin cooking them then. Also, we can split cases if absolutely necessary.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And remember, all proceeds benefit the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure[/FONT][FONT=&quot]![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We look forward to hearing from you, and to seeing you [/FONT][FONT=&quot]on Friday[/FONT][FONT=&quot]![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Elizabeth Young[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Troy Downtown Collaborative[/FONT]

Last edited:
yeah, i felt the same way. i can only cook 8 racks at a time, but really felt we should participate for a good cause. win or not, it don't matta.
besides, we get to do some warm-ups for free!

Eric,
sorry man I don't get it, how's this Peoples Choice work? I don't understand what you mean by cook as much as possible. I thought that we all were getting a case to cook and votes were based on that amount. If we cook more than case so we have to pay for them? We aren't selling them like we did at Lake Placid are we?

Back