THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Howdy folks !

Heres todays dinner :

3 pound Tri-tip seasoned with a spice mix from the "Salzburg BBQ-Bulls" (WBQA World Champion), Chipotle-Garlic mashed potatoes with roasted onions and grilled corn with chipotle butter and parmesan.

Here we go :

57_s_001_Small_3.jpg

57_s_002_Small_2.jpg

57_s_003_Small_2.jpg

57_s_004_Small_3.jpg

Cut the head off the garlic, wrapped in foil and seasoned with EVOO, salt and Pepper

57_s_005_Small_3.jpg

57_s_007_Small_3.jpg

WSM is ready. Took the waterpan out and used cherry wood for flavour.

57_s_008_Small_2.jpg

57_s_009_Small_2.jpg

First turn after 20 Minutes, added corn and onions

57_s_012_Small_2.jpg

57_s_013_Small_3.jpg

Garlic is done. Will use some of this for the potatoes and the rest keeps in the fridge for about a week. Really good stuff.

57_s_014_Small_1.jpg

57_s_015_Small_1.jpg

Somehow i messed up the last pics. Was too hungry to keep the cam steady. :mad:

57_s_021_Small_3.jpg

I basted the corn with a paste of melted chipotle Butter and grated Parmesan.

57_s_024_Small_1.jpg

57_s_027_Small_1.jpg

57_s_028_Small_1.jpg

So long...

DM

That looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How long did you cook the meat?

Fantastic!! That's how I know meat was done the way I like it...............when there's blood running off the cutting board.

Garlic is great that way.

Before I leave Logan, UT to head there, does anyone know how far it is to Germany??? Any chance there will be some left when I get there?

Looks great DM...just the way I like it! BTW, where in GE are you. i have a new program over there later this year.

Looks great DM...just the way I like it! BTW, where in GE are you. i have a new program over there later this year.

I live up in the northwest of the country, close to the north sea.
If you got details, let me know. Youre welcome. :cool:

DM

For the first time ever, we found a tri-tip here in Texas. My wife was so excited she picked one up - one of those premarinated packages. I grilled it up and I have to say that it was pretty good. Reminded me of flank steak.

Man, that is the farken biggist Tri-Tip I have ever seen! None like that, have I ever seen here in CA, not even when I lived in Fresno, the bastion of Santa Maria style!

Robert, you ever seen one like that in Fresno?

Back