Tri-tip Pics

Char Griller has a rotisserie on there web page. $36.00 says it will hold up to 25lbs.

Looks great! I'm a big tri-tip fan. I had not heard of it until I went to visit my cousin in L.A. Tri-tip sandwiches are big out there. Only took one for me to get hooked!

Frank

Char Griller has a rotisserie on there web page. $36.00 says it will hold up to 25lbs.
Thanks, that's great!! I'll check it out.

Like TK I cook my tri tip,first over coals, and then off to the side, turning, for about 1 1/2 hous total. Never really need to add coals. Could be the height with the rotisserie requires him to keep the heat up?

One thing I've learned about tri-tips is not to over cook them. To me, medium rare is about as much as I want to go. They seem to dry out easilly. They have tons of flavor, though. I found a really good rub called "Santa Maria Style Seasoning" at a market that I like to use.

Now that I think of it, they do vary quite a bit in weight as well. I've seen some down to a scrawny 3 lbs, but often have them upwards of 5 to 6 lbs.

Last edited:
Man I miss Trip Tip..I used to live in Morro Bay and Tri-Tip was a every Friday BBQ. Santa maria always had a good BBQ going somehwere on the road. Man I miss that meat

It may sound far fetched but, if some of you guys who are really intrested in Tri-tip and live where they don't have the tip, maybe I could figure a way to get some to you. I would have to research how to ship it properly, overnight possibly, so you would'nt get bad carne. Maybe go to Costco and get some of their Coice cuts. I could get a cooler and dry ice. Or maybe some of those popular meat distributors could do it for you. I don't know. Anyway, I would have to research it. If I don't get a response I won't pursue it.

hasnt everybody?
2.8 BAL was my highest.. good times.

Think ill look on Amazon and get one of those rotiss ordered in the next couple of weeks.

i'd love to drink some beer with you FD...but i think you're mistaken. if you were at 2.8 you'd be dead...more than likely, you meant .28

Back