Tri-Tip and Garlic Smooshed Potatoes

We have a meat processing business here in town and everytime I go there I buy a couple of tri-tips that come from Kansas grass fed steers. I usually put them on the grill and cook them fast to about 135 internal but I've been thinking about slowing the cooking down a bit. Jeanie your pictures have got me in the mood again. And as for asking you for your hand in marriage, I know I am ahead of most of these guys. Well anyway, I got to go wash some dishes now. Thanks Jeanie for sharing the love. :-D

Thanks friends!! I appreciate the kind comments. :cool:

Nice plating again Doc.!:cool:
Can you get picanha/rump cap in your area?
You should give that cut a try....you won't be dissapointed!:thumb:
Thank you Phu, I have not seen picanha rump cap here... I will look for it. Thanks for the tip. :-D

Sorry Mate, we've all asked the question. There's a long line up. Get in line.. I'm about 3 or 400 guys in front of you, and theres a thousand in front of me...

Jeanie, that's an awesome Tri Tip there! If you come and visit me, you'll have to bring the Memphis Pro AND the Hasty Bake with you!

Cheers!

Bill
Thank you Bill! If I make it to see you, I'll sit back and watch you do the cooking. You're the Master Chef! I love your smokes!!

We have a meat processing business here in town and everytime I go there I buy a couple of tri-tips that come from Kansas grass fed steers. I usually put them on the grill and cook them fast to about 135 internal but I've been thinking about slowing the cooking down a bit. Jeanie your pictures have got me in the mood again. And as for asking you for your hand in marriage, I know I am ahead of most of these guys. Well anyway, I got to go wash some dishes now. Thanks Jeanie for sharing the love. :-D
haha.. Yes you are ahead of most everyone... I've enjoyed your friendship for a few years now. Thanks Babyboomerboy! :thumb:

I see you brought you the special china for that meat! looks great CG Yum....
Ash! I made another one of your dips this weekend...it was a huge hit! Thanks friend! :-D

Thanks again everyone..

Pat! Where in the heck have you been? I've missed ya. :-D

Cowgirl that looks incredible! I have had two butchers in my area looking for tri tip for me and no one can even get it in. My butcher has had it on his order for 8 months now and all teh tips get sent to CA he said. I just can't get my hands on one to even try it.
Dave that's what my butcher said too! They are being sent to the west coast. He ordered some one time and they didn't sell well here.... I think people didn't know what to do with them.
I hope he is able to keep them in stock. They are easy to cook and oh-so tasty. Thanks Dave! :-D

Amazing, Jeanie!! :-D

Too bad it's so hard to get your hands on this cut...we LOVE it here in our house. And, is sure looks like you can cook the heck out of it!!

We had some for dinner last night...think I'm gonna have some leftovers for breakfast! :becky:

T
Ash! I made another one of your dips this weekend...it was a huge hit! Thanks friend! :-D

Thanks again everyone..

Dont forget the classic Vat o Cheese

DSC00002b.jpg

Jeanie, it's been a long time since I've popped in here and there you are with my relatively new fav cut of beef. We joined a new Costco nearby and they always have em and I always get two or four (come in two's). They are great and the bonus is they are so versatile. We have em right off the grill like you did here (never with such awsome sides like yours though) and since it's just the two of us we usually have half left for slicing real thin and throw in a hot pan with bell pepper and onions for a philly cheese steak sammy the next day for lunch. Fajitas, tacos, etc. Thanks for posting.

Amazing, Jeanie!! :-D

Too bad it's so hard to get your hands on this cut...we LOVE it here in our house. And, is sure looks like you can cook the heck out of it!!

We had some for dinner last night...think I'm gonna have some leftovers for breakfast! :becky:

Thanks FamilyMan! I wish I would have thought of using my leftovers for breakfast.. bet that was great!! :-D

Dont forget the classic Vat o Cheese

DSC00002b.jpg

Ash!!! Looks like another winner! I will look for the recipe..thank you friend! :cool:

We, (eastern Canadians) don't see this cut for sale, what part of the beast is it coming off??

Caper it comes from the bottom sirloin. It's tasty stuff! :-D

Jeanie, it's been a long time since I've popped in here and there you are with my relatively new fav cut of beef. We joined a new Costco nearby and they always have em and I always get two or four (come in two's). They are great and the bonus is they are so versatile. We have em right off the grill like you did here (never with such awsome sides like yours though) and since it's just the two of us we usually have half left for slicing real thin and throw in a hot pan with bell pepper and onions for a philly cheese steak sammy the next day for lunch. Fajitas, tacos, etc. Thanks for posting.

Greendriver it's always good to see you...thanks!! :cool:
Love the sound of your philly cheese steak sammy, I will definately try it. Thanks so much!

Holy cheese and crap does that all look mahvaleous! Fantastic job for sure. First you got me wanting to go hunting for venison...now I got to go hunting for tri tip! :p

Jeannie how do you ever find the time to cook. You are everywhere. Amazing TriTip. Doing one tonite for dinner

Thank you Zwylde, Rick, El Ropo, Guerry and Bo!! :-D

Jeannie how do you ever find the time to cook. You are everywhere. Amazing TriTip. Doing one tonite for dinner
lol Scarbelly, between this forum, Big Poppa's forum, my blog and getting my garden planted.... It's getting harder to find time to cook. I had popcorn for supper last night.
Great to see you here!! Your coffee is the best I've ever tasted. Thanks! :thumb:

Back