Traeger Timberline 850/1300 or something else?

Thanks for all the information. I spent a good bit of time this afternoon looking at grills in person. I'm looking at options that keep the max budget around the cost of the Yoder YS640/Timberline 1300 (same price in Canada).

The Yoder is definitely build very well, sturdy, and very heavy as well. I can see the appeal of the brand. My concern will be rust in this climate. The grill will be on my patio, but the area is not covered. It's open and will be exposed to the elements. I have a feeling it will be a battle with surface rust.

I looked at the Timberline as well. There is a noticeable drop in quality compared to the Yoder, but much much better than the rest of the Traeger line. I started to notice some of the shortcomings of the design that were pointed out in this thread when looking at it in person as well, but not deal breakers.

The other options suggested are tough to find here or simply not available. I reached out the MAK and they don't ship outside the USA. I was referred to a dealer they said might ship up north. I will have to see what the total cost will be... might be pushing the price up quite a bit with shipping + duties/taxes.

You might check out big poppa smokers. I believe they ship to Canada, but with shipping, I would say it is going to be more expensive than your other choices.

Back