THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ALLENY

Full Fledged Farker
Has anyone tried the trader joes 100% all natural hardwood briquettes? They claim it burns hotter and longer and is low ash. It is made with hardwood and cornstarch, nothing else. They claim the 18 pound bag burns as long as 27 pounds of regular charcoal. How does this compare wiyh stubbs or the kingsford competition charcoal?? And best of all, it is only $6.99 for an 18 pound bag. Any opinions or comments?

It's really good stuff IMO. Like said, it's made by Rancher for TJ's.

I think that Gore got a bad bag...or it was left over moink fish grease that dripped onto his charcoal grate that he smelled???:biggrin1:

It's not quite as hot, which is why I like it. But I use both when I can't get the other. The nearest TJ's is a 45 minute drive for me...so I have to stock up when I'm up that way...and Kingsford Comp isn't always available either near where I am at.

it's not quite as hot, which is why i like it. But i use both when i can't get the other. The nearest tj's is a 45 minute drive for me...so i have to stock up when i'm up that way...and kingsford comp isn't always available either near where i am at.

i am having a hard time finding the kingsford competition in my area, and i live in los angeles.! !

I really like the TJ's charcoal. Works great, cheap and easy to get. Kinda hard to light - sometimes I'll start a half chimney of lump and dump it on the TJ's to get it going. Great stuff otherwise. :thumb:

It's funny, because I was JUST looking at this when I was at TJ's last night and considered buying some to try it out. I'm glad someone thought to ask. I'll be picking some up on my next trip to TJ's.

hi all, read this and bought a bag. will cook on it tonite. also today was my first time in a tj's. cool store.

Back