Tonight's dinner - Skirt steak on the kettle

falconer

Knows what a fatty is.
Saw a recipe a few days ago I couldn't pass up. Ginger-lime marinaded skirt steak. Found a real nice piece of skirt at the store and cooked it up using this recipe with a few changes...
http://www.weber.com/recipes/beef/ginger-and-soymarinated-skirt-steak-lettuce-wraps#

I didn't do any of the lettuce wrap thing. Just rice and some mixed bell peppers in a raspberry chipotle sauce. One of the few bottled sauces I still use.

In the recipe, I cut the sriracha in half. I like it spicy, but I just know how hot sriracha can be in that quantity mix. I also doubled the ginger. My wife and I both love ginger.

Nest time I'll add a bit more sesame oil to pop the flavor a bit. Not much, just another teaspoon or so.

Also cooked the remaining marinade, added some cornstarch/water for thickening and served it as a drizzle sauce.

Cooked it a bit differently than they call for; did 90 seconds HOT fire direct covered, with some mesquite chips thrown on for a quick smoke touch, then about 2 minutes uncovered in the hottest part of the coal bed to carmelize the surface but still leave it rare inside. Just incredibly tender for skirt steak.

No photos this time. But it sure was good...

Back