THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bproffer

Take a breath!
My original plan for tonights dinner was to smoke a pork butt on the green egg, but since it has been raining all day, I smoked it on the Traeger instead. I started a bit late, so I decided to throw some ribs on as I didnt think the butt would be done in time.

The babybacks were the best I have done. Very meaty and delicious. I am not sure if I have ever had better. Ribs have always been a mystery to me, but I hit a homerun with these! Best of all, I kept it simple; no foil, no spritzing with apple juice. Just slathered in mustard and sprinkled with the rub. They cooked for 4.5 hours @ 225. They were moist and needed just enogh pull to have them come clean off the bone. Awesome!

DSC02507.jpg

The pork had been on a little over 5 hours when the ribs went on.

DSC02514.jpg

DSC02522.jpg

DSC02518.jpg

DSC02523.jpg

I made little rib sliders with Kings Hawaiian rolls.

The pork butt just came off a few minutes ago. About 11 hours cook time. It is wrapped up and in the cooler to rest. It will become pulled pork sammiestomorrow @ some point!

DSC02524.jpg

DSC02525.jpg

Wish I could cross post, the folks on another forum talk about 1-2-3, and 3-2-1, and foils, and finish in oven.

I have never done anything but straight time left alone! That's what works!

Back