THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have a team on a very hot run coming into Toms Farms
If you would like to cut some time off your learning curve and host these fellers
contact Dennis His "Hot and Fast" cook style would be good for any team to learn
This is from 4 Smoking Butts Dennis
need help finding 3 large bge,with platesetters, Got them
and a Backwoods competitor for the contests.....
will be flying in on weds pm dennis 4 smokin butts please email or call keckjewelers@gmail.com......618-277-4444 work

I just can not do both contests
The first OK but back to back and then a Sunday
:) I am 55 not 25 :)

Last edited:
All you midwest boyz better be ready-- I see a sense of Urgency in Vince's post-- he is fired up--

All I was really doing was making a bad pun but if it gets Jeff and Dennis to start quaking in their snowshoes, well, all the better!

Actually, our three teams, were neighbors at the Sam's Club Invitational. I liked the way that contest turned out so I think we should all be neighbors again!

Remember, Sweet Lucy and Frangelico will be on hand!

Well damn, this one sure sounds like a lot of fun. I know that if we were close enough to attend, we would.

Looks like a lot of damn good teams are coming from all over the US. Best of luck to all cooks.

All I was really doing was making a bad pun but if it gets Jeff and Dennis to start quaking in their snowshoes, well, all the better!

Actually, our three teams, were neighbors at the Sam's Club Invitational. I liked the way that contest turned out so I think we should all be neighbors again!

Remember, Sweet Lucy and Frangelico will be on hand!

We took our turn at third overall at Sam's... your turn!!! :laugh:

This contest needs to be re-named! Tom's Farm is out and we are back to Wildomar. There were permit issues, but I will let Henry speak to that issue.

This contest needs to be re-named! Tom's Farm is out and we are back to Wildomar. There were permit issues, but I will let Henry speak to that issue.

no need for a name change.. Toms Farm Wild West BBQ Showdown only thing that change is the location.. New location is 23873 Clinton Keith Rd #201, Wildomar, Ca. 92595. All parties, teams already signed up, CBj's and Vendors have been notified of venue changed.. As has Gene G. and the KCBS.

Any personal concerns can be directed to me, just call me 951-445-1903 or e-mail me hsilvestre@aol.com and I can answer most if not all of your questions and concerns.

Well damn, this one sure sounds like a lot of fun. I know that if we were close enough to attend, we would.

Looks like a lot of damn good teams are coming from all over the US. Best of luck to all cooks.

How's island life treating you, Crash? You and Lisa get the family settled in?

How's island life treating you, Crash? You and Lisa get the family settled in?
Picking up right where I left off Vince, it's nice to be back home. We're just about all settled in and all of the smokers made it to the Islands in one piece.

Now it's time to get Comp BBQ started here in Hawaii and we're planning a first annual event for late February.

Hope all is well with you, Alexa and the boys.

Anyone have word on what's up with the CBBQA Wiki link to the Tom's Farms contest? This morning, there were 45 teams listed as confirmed. Tonight, there are 28. :confused:

This thing is going viral BABY!

Teams Confirmed

1.Rusty Barrel- Tim McDonald- So Cal
2.The Rub Company- Ryan Chester- So Cal
3.Simply Rocke'n BBQ- Stephan Franklin- So Cal
4.Meat Inc.- Aaron Black- So Cal
5.Smokin Yankees BBQ- Chris Juencke- Northern Cal
6.Trailhound Smokers BBQ- Timm Martin- Las Vegas, NV
7.Big B's Down-N-Dirty BBQ- Bill Souza- Northern Cal
8.Bang A Drum- Jason Clark- Northern Cal
9.When Pigs Fly- Dale Ginos- So Cal
10.West Best BBQ- Gary Tackett- So Cal
11.Rib Tickler- Larry Schroeder- So Cal
12.Big Rick and the BBQ Chicks - Rick Irwin- So Cal
13.Meteor BBQware- Art Splawn- So Cal
14.Pork U BBQ- Wayne Hoppal- St George's, Utah
15.All Hogs go to Heaven- Steve Maduele- So Cal
16.Slap yo Daddy- Harry Soo- So Cal
17.Rhythm N Que- Vince/Alexa- Phoenix, AZ
18.T & J Backyard BBQ- Tom Moore, So Cal
19.California BBQ Smokers- Bruce Patterson- So Cal
20.Brazen BBQ- John Bracamante- So Cal
21.Left Coast Q- Matt Dalton- So Cal
22.Rolling Bones- David Schmidt- Northern Cal
23.Bigmista's Barbecue- Neil Strawder- So Cal
24.The Rib Doctor- Eva and Hayward Harris Jr- So Cal
25.Smoked to the Bone- Jennifer Duncan- Gilbert AZ
26.Whiskey Ranch- Tom Duncan Jr.- Gilbert, AZ
27.Crazy Pig BBQ- Dan Preuss- Tucson, AZ
28.Ribs A Rockin- Dave Lopp- Northern Cal
29.Smokey Bones- James Stevens- So Cal
30.Scottie's Backyard BBQ- Scott Newsome- So Cal
31.Smokin Goatheads- Mike Love- Lake Havasu, AZ
32.Lloyds BBQ- John Lloyd- So Cal
33.Rooftop BBQ- Andy Allen- So Cal
34.It Ain't Prime- Russell Wilson- Krum, TX
35.Papa's Smokehouse BBQ- John Scott- So Cal
36.MAster of Disaster- Andy Soto- So Cal
37.Smokin' Triggers- Johnny Trigg- Alvarado, TX
38.Porketeers- Dennis McGrath- So Cal
39.Montana BBQ- Lynn Jeffrey- Prescott Valley, AZ
40.4 Smokin Butts- Dennis Keck- Illinois
41.Big Creek BBQ- Jeff Stith- Pleasant Hills, Missouri
42.Left Coast BBQ- Mark Toumajian- So Cal
43.Birds Pit Crew- C. J. Bird- Fresno, CA.
44.Mad Dawgz BBQ- Larry Adkins- So Cal
45.Jerry King Midland Texas, Texas

I don't think Henry does Wiki

Last edited:
By the way... 2 days left to get your apps in... Deadline is (postmarked) December 15th,2010.. You may also fax, if paying by CC, app to 951-245-1116 by 12/15/10 midnight... Thanks

Who is Next?

My wife, daughters and I are driving to San Diego on the 31st to see my mom. Wonder if I could get away with "breaking down" in Corona on the way down? Or do you think the girls will suspect something?

Back