To the dirtbag who at the american royal.........

I appreciate the comment but I think we will pass anyway. I understand that the crowds at the Royal are much bigger than anything we get here in the Northeast, but we like that. We are a family team that competes for fun and we have no set aspirations. Just the crowd size alone would probably keep us away.

We brought all three of our kids (aged 4, 6, 12) to our site for the duration of the competition. We secured the front and our neighbors helped by putting up some temporary fencing. We had no issues. Our kids had a blast at all of the events the petting zoo and more. We don't party so we kept away from those situations. We don't have a fancy trailer or anything either. Our kids really had a good time seeing all the sites. WE did however keep our truck on our site. I don't think I would ever park elsewhere after reading this. Just saying that we didn't have any problems once we had everything secured.

well, after a day of hunting the salvage yards, dozens of calls and signing up online to a few salvage search sites.. i've come up dry except for the exact piece i need on...... get this..... ebay. 5 days left to bid.
We'll check the lots around here. To confirm you are looking the the "button" to the center consol door. And the same part is used on 03-06 Escalades, Avalanches, Tahoes and Yukons?

Will i go back next year? hell yeah!.. but the car in the 20x50 site will be mine and we'll have a rental in liberty to get us around if needed. Cant blame a city or an event for the acts of an individual dickhead. We all have them. This is my third year at the royal and I cant say its changed my perspective... its a huge event and somethings always going to happen. All I can do is hope that AR management will take these things into consideration and take action to avoid it from happening again.

Sounds like a good idea. If and when we ever make it down there, I'm planning on leaving the truck at my sisters and have them drive us around if needed...

Back