Titch;s Down under Pickled Pork.

Thank you,I have cured my own ,but I believe the giants do a better job.
I reckon the pumping of the meat is the key.
I nearly did not post this cook as I thought it a bit lame compared to what you all put up.
If I missed anyone,my apologies
Cheers.
Titch

Balderdash! That was a great meal!

Thank you.
Please tell me more about the Bologna.
Cheers.
Titch

My guess is its Irish,
My Dutch in laws don't know of it.
Similiar to salted pork and cabbage,does taste like a mix of corned beef and ham.
Thank you.
Cheers.
Titch

Pickled Bologna is just like it sounds. Bologna sausage that's been pickled.

In a medium sauce pan, combine 4 cups vinegar, a 4.5 tin of pickled jalapeno's, 1 med onion chopped, 1 cup water, 1 Tbsp hot sauce, 1 Tbsp salt and 1 tsp sugar. Bring to boil. Cut up your bologna to fit whatever container you'll use. Then pour the hot liquid over the bologna, put on the top and refrigerate. Allow to pickle for 3 days at least, but it's better the longer you go to about 3 months. Slice and enjoy cold. It's a great beer snack.

I could see it being Irish, but Dutch would have been my second guess!

Would Stras be close,Polony is foreign to me.
Cheers.
Titch

Banksia seed pods,an Australian native plant.
Gives an almost sweet tasting smoke.
Cheers.
Titch

Bugger me... I've got a Dwarf Banksia Tree in my front garden with about 200 seed pods just waiting to be used for smokin!:shocked:

I can't wait to try!:clap2::clap2:

BTW Titch, I have 50% Dutch heritage..

I like this dish with the cabbage, but still I would prefer to pickle the pork myself. At least then I know it's not snouts, ears and arseholes.:hand:

Cheers!

Bill

I'll take a pic of my banksia in my front garden tomorow. Then, I'm gonna pic all the seed pods off!:grin:

Back