THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow all of those dishes look great. Roughly how long would a 7-9 lb. chuckie take to cook on a UDS. I think I might have to swing by the store and grab one to try on Sunday. What time would I need to have this on Sunday morning to enjoy it during the game at night? Great job everyone.

What is a standard size of a store bought chuckie? Does 7-9 lbs seem to high? I have never bought one so I don't know how big the come in the store.

That's my favorite size to cook, but they are hard to find around here. Most grocery stores cut them into 1 - 3 lb chunks and I find that they dry out too easily when cut that small.

I cook mine at 250-ish and they generally take about an hour per pound, but each piece of meat is different so allow plenty of time. You can hold a chuck in a cooler insulated with towels just like a butt or brisket.

I did a Mexican rub chuckie a few weeks ago (inspired by the chuckie thread). I pulled it for shredded beef tacos and it was a hit. I love sbt's better than ground beef tacos....

Back