Tips and Advice For My First Smoked Chuck Roast

Wow all of those dishes look great. Roughly how long would a 7-9 lb. chuckie take to cook on a UDS. I think I might have to swing by the store and grab one to try on Sunday. What time would I need to have this on Sunday morning to enjoy it during the game at night? Great job everyone.

What is a standard size of a store bought chuckie? Does 7-9 lbs seem to high? I have never bought one so I don't know how big the come in the store.

That's my favorite size to cook, but they are hard to find around here. Most grocery stores cut them into 1 - 3 lb chunks and I find that they dry out too easily when cut that small.

I cook mine at 250-ish and they generally take about an hour per pound, but each piece of meat is different so allow plenty of time. You can hold a chuck in a cooler insulated with towels just like a butt or brisket.

I did a Mexican rub chuckie a few weeks ago (inspired by the chuckie thread). I pulled it for shredded beef tacos and it was a hit. I love sbt's better than ground beef tacos....

Back