THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bacchus2b

is Blowin Smoke!
I've been looking for a used stick burner over the last year, and each time I find the "perfect" smoker, it's either already sold or located on the other side of the country. I want a quality cooker on a small trailer that will easily fit in my garage, preferably light enough that I could move it around by myself.

Over the past year this R&O 26" X 60" on a trailer keeps popping up for sale on Craigslist. It started out pretty high in price and has gone through several cuts to the current asking price of $4,500. Chrome Stack, Insulated Firebox, New Tires and Wheels. (For comparison the last Jambo Baby J 24" x 48" I saw listed on Craigslist was asking price $6,500, and the last El Rey 26" x 60" on Craigslist was asking $7,500)

I'm wondering what the Brethren think about the price on this deal, as well as the resale value? R&O Smokers had a good reputation for quality and performance, but the company did not end well in 2016 with some customers losing large deposits and taking the owner to court (some of our members included). I'm wondering how much if any that financial fiasco effects the resale value on used R&O smokers???

R&O 26 x 60 Trailer Smoker by David Miller, on Flickr

I would not hold it against the owner that the builder was dishonest. I've seen one in person and they are very nice! It's not like there is a warranty or anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If it’s in good shape I would pull the trigger. The fact that they are out of business shouldn’t change the resale of it.

Is the FB insulated? I really like that design with the big firebox and stack. I bet it flows really well

I would not think most people even know about the R&O deal and it's a non issue either way. My opinion the price seems "OK". I would not call it a deal. I just got a brand new Evie Mae's 24x60 insulated firebox and reverse flow for $5500. No way I'd pay $7500 or anything close to that for some used 24x60 size smoker. I think $6K would be my cap, and that's for new.

2v8fkh3.jpg

Back