They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I decided to do a "spin" on the McRib from McDonald's for the "Recreate Your Restaurant Favorites" throw down.

To do a proper McRib with real ribs, you gotta cook them a bit differently than you might if you were just eating ribs on the bone...mainly they need to be "fall off the bone", which some purists might say is "overcooked", but there's nothing really purist about a McRib anyway. :becky:

I used a combo of Simply Marvelous Cherry and Sweet Seduction that I won in previous throwdowns, I figured it would be good joojoo.

Onto the Mak 2* bright and early so it can work while I work. After a couple hours I wrapped them in foil bones up - blowing the bones out the back makes it much easier to prep and eat.

Gave the slab a hit of sauce right around lunch time then let them ride for another 15 minutes or so to set up

I used the small end of the slab that is more appropriate for a bun. Pull out the bones and cut out any tips or cartilage left

I decided to use my Searzall to caramelize and set the sauce up a bit more - someone here mentioned doing this previously...great idea :thumb:

Deboned slab onto a bun, white onions and pickles, plated

Nom nom nom....no shame (OK maybe a little bit :becky:)

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Looks great to me!

But if "Fall off of Da Bone" is overcooked, I am impure. I'm not worthy. :redface:

I like fall offa da Bone. Unfortunately, I rarely get that. My crowd likes to gnaw. :laugh:
But then, I do like my pasta Al Dente.... :roll:

You nailed that sandwich!! Only thing that would complete that is a hot batch of those golden fries. Nice dish!

I would bet any amount that your snadwich was far superior to the McRib. There is a chain of gas stations around here that does a "Rib" sandwich. They basically use the same pressed pork fake rib patty that McDonalds uses, but they actually grill theirs so it has a little char and are better than the Mcdonalds ones. Those sandwiches are a guilty pleasure of mine when I'm on my way to work.

Back