THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ncBBQtx

Knows what a fatty is.
Happy New Year Brethren!

Ya'll are thinking I am crazy 'bout now. Zen and BBQ?? What new age nonsense is this???

Let me explain... this poor girl, originally from central NC, married a south Texan who is an amazing quick fire cook but a very impatient smoker. Alas my native Texan has been banned from the brisket because I refuse to eat or try to repurpose another tough gray piece of meat, that supposedly only need to cook for 4 hours. Gotta get that pork butt right before I turn him loose on a packer cut! To be fair, I've got a pretty good handle on pork butt, but that is an EASY and very forgiving cut compared with a brisket.

We started with an electric smoker off craigslist, then purchased a primo XL from BBQequipment in MD (love that shop), just smoked a butt for 14 hours, it was great, but an experience in patience for him. Not complaining... he CAN build a fantastic deck in 3 days by himself. So for now.. the motto "looking ain't cooking" and "low and slow" are mantras in our house. ommmmm....

I am Italian-American, or more specifically Italian-Hillbilly (Wop-a-billy) and husband is Texan and in the military. :kiss: We move around a lot, which gives us the opportunity to learn about different parts of the US, but should be settled now till he retires.

My strong point is in cooking... I love food, love cooking, food history and the whole chillness of the BBQ community. I'm extremely impressed with this forum and hope to be able to give as well as take.

Thanks and I'll be working on a signature and avatar.

Welcome aboard ncBBQtx, glad to have you here.

Take charge of that Brisket...... LOL

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Hi ncBBQtx.
I can see your gonna be a lot of fun around here. Keep that Texas Boy wrangled and keep on the motto, "low and slow" and "lookin aint cookin".
Those are still the hard ones for me too.
Enjoy the forum, look forward to seeing some of your cooks, and hey, Happy New Year,
back at ya.

Welcome ncBBQtx maybe we could work out a deal, I smoke the brisket, he builds the deck?

Seriously, you will be pulling great brisket off the smoker in short order, just ask questions. There are some awesome people here that enjoy helping each other.

Back