The Official Stickburner Thread

10850008_736463433114863_4223326792791900800_n.jpg

4 years ago today

I have no mineral oil on hand, but do I have an endless supply of bacon fat which I've used on the bandera exterior. No sticky/tacky effects, so far at least.

I'm in! This is my main rig (Boathouse Vulcan Series). She's not this shiny and new looking anymore, though. She's been well used for the past few months.

picture.php
[/IMG]

Here are mine. The big one is an East Texas Smoker that I bought about a year ago. The other one is a home build that I haven't used in about a year. It needs some more mods to make it more efficient.

Attachments

• 20180210_065300.jpg
    20180210_065300.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 344
  • 20180608_181151.jpg
    20180608_181151.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 342
  • 20160421_112622.jpg
    20160421_112622.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 343
Bought my over and under about 1.5 years ago. It's my first stick burner. I went with it because I'm fortunate enough to have an almost endless supply of free wood and the tools to easily cut, split and season it.

As I was new to stick burners, I wanted to start out with a cheap one and I really liked the design of the over and under, mainly because the firebox is huge in relation to the cook chamber. I cook year round and have ran it when it was ten degrees out with no problem.

It gets used at least twice a week and for a backyarder mainly feeding a family, I currently have no plans to replace it.

I still can't believe that more prominent builders besides The Good One haven't taken this design to the next level.

Attachments

• KIMG0352.jpg
    KIMG0352.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 338
Russ, is that a 24x42? You find it big enough for 4 meat comps?

I went w/ this size for a couple reasons. The squared off chamber adds a good bit of space which i like.

BUT i live in a neighborhood and cant get a trailer in the back yard. THIS pit (with the help of atleast one neighbor) i can roll thorugh the yard and load on a trailer for comps, THEN bring it back home and get it on the back deck for home use.

If i would have gotten bigger, id have to store it somewhere, then do i cook in my driveway when i want to smoke meat?

Its a great pit if you are going to have ONE smoker. (that may be foreshadowing for the future :) )

rb

Bought my over and under about 1.5 years ago. It's my first stick burner. I went with it because I'm fortunate enough to have an almost endless supply of free wood and the tools to easily cut, split and season it.

As I was new to stick burners, I wanted to start out with a cheap one and I really liked the design of the over and under, mainly because the firebox is huge in relation to the cook chamber. I cook year round and have ran it when it was ten degrees out with no problem.

It gets used at least twice a week and for a backyarder mainly feeding a family, I currently have no plans to replace it.

I still can't believe that more prominent builders besides The Good One haven't taken this design to the next level.
That's what i would have if i needed a back yard size stick burner. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back