The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

Nice Legs!!!

Saints better pick it up. You know they can't just be dominant the whole game, they have to string you along and make you curse the TV.

The copperhead was the one i was waiting on to go on clearance. I got impatient and bought the Pellet Pro. There's 2 about 30 minutes from me but I'm trying to resist. I still have the clearance Akorn Jr that is still in the box...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am guessing that I will pick up the Walmart version within a month or two. While reading different reviews I find myself blaming many of the bad reviews on user error. One reviewer was upset because she left the thing out in the rain and this caused problems with the cooker. I figure that I will know pretty quick if there are any fatal flaws with it and can decide if it is worth the hassle of returning it to the store.

Nice Legs!!!

Saints better pick it up. You know they can't just be dominant the whole game, they have to string you along and make you curse the TV.

I had to put my Wally World chuck ribs in the freezer because the entire family came down with the stomach flu. I can mark another KFC location off my list...

The Tailgater was already marked down too $200 from $297 and mine was an open box item. I guess they opened it and didn’t like the size? Seems perfect for just a lonely brisket.

Yeah - it being just me one of these small models will be 100% perfect.

Dang, I posted that at halftime. Something happened.

That call is so rigged, same as the interception. Not as bad but was PI.

Some French dips for some football food courtesy of Malcolm Reed...Smoked eye of round at 250 for about 2 hours until 125 and then reverse seared for about 30 seconds per side

ff1b3c536143148b75e07f3cd930ca88.jpg

All sliced up and ready for the pool

9f450c4fc7fa13494f7c673449814f72.jpg

Had sliced up a yellow onion and drizzled with OO and S&P and smoked for about 30 minutes...then added beef broth and simmered covered until roast was done

dfa2d5b0c137d74143a2a0a0756a2159.jpg

Provolone and some horseradish topped it off...added cutting board juice to the pool and a little dip action in the jus...fantastic sandwich!

780769b7dc61ea2810eb1a7bc65f576c.jpg

It’s meals like this that make me second guess myself re the Memphis smoke output...the smoke flavor was on point tonight (MHC comp blend)

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had a rec tec years ago, liked it for some things like chicken, but when it broke a few times, it was turned off and sold it. That being said...this site got me thinking about a Mak 2 Star.

So I’m asking a question about a 26 in Weber kettle for a “friend”. So my “friend” really loves the smoking capabilities of his pellet smoker and thinks it smokes better than anything he has ever tried. He also likes his pellet grill for weeknight grilling but needs a little more power for steak.
Would the Weber kettle be up to the task and how does it compare to the kamado? How quick can this thing get up to grilling temps? My “friend” saw a Weber 26 new online for $329 and a lot cheaper than an additional pellet grill.
My friend didn’t have the best experience getting his kamado up to temp for grilling in a timely fashion and disliked the smoke flavor as well. It makes my friend hesitant about even getting another charcoal cooker.

So I’m asking a question about a 26 in Weber kettle for a “friend”. So my “friend” really loves the smoking capabilities of his pellet smoker and thinks it smokes better than anything he has ever tried. He also likes his pellet grill for weeknight grilling but needs a little more power for steak.
Would the Weber kettle be up to the task and how does it compare to the kamado? How quick can this thing get up to grilling temps? My “friend” saw a Weber 26 new online for $329 and a lot cheaper than an additional pellet grill.
My friend didn’t have the best experience getting his kamado up to temp for grilling in a timely fashion and disliked the smoke flavor as well. It makes my friend hesitant about even getting another charcoal cooker.

It is really really hard to beat, the sear of a kettle and a vortex. It's basically like searing on a charcoal chimney, which also works very well.

It is really really hard to beat, the sear of a kettle and a vortex. It's basically like searing on a charcoal chimney, which also works very well.

Huh. I got erm... I mean my friend has a charcoal chimney! 2 actually. Would you guys still recommend a kettle?

Back