THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I agree, tell this jabroni that you can't do it and end the madness!

In general I agree with what the brothers have been telling you. I can see also that your trying to look to the future. If this guy is worth anything in the future, you might want to consider explaining in some detail to him that $100. is too little for your time and effort based on the reality of cost, prep. and service and this is why you do what you do. JMTC. Best of luck brother.

This guy is not your future and the word will get around how good your Q is with out him. You can't do it for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I vote for Tim's option. "Sorry I am busy that day".

But, here is an option for the future similar situation before it even gets this far with him or someone else.

Ask the party to get a written detailed quote from a licensced caterer and tell them that you will beat it by 10%. He can't complain about that.

Im sorry that your still considering doing this gig for this fellow.

Let me just say one thing here. I always figure that my time for doing a gig is.........$15.00 dollars an hour. This includes ordering the food, fetching the food, prepping, cooking and ect.

You really need to look at your expenses and cover your own backside.
Im sure this lowballer doesnt work for free, therefore why should you.

If your trying to get your name out to the public, this fellow isnt your goodwill ambassidor sp?.

I would tell him that your unavailable that day, due to another commitment that has come in. Thats all you have to say.

Good luck with your decision on this one but I dont volunteer cook for any strangers for sure. Brethren bash...........notta problem......or for family members or great friends.

One more question for you? Do you have caterers insurance?
Not trying to embarrass you, but this dude sounds to me like the type of person to claim food poisioning and really sink your ship.

Just thinking out loud here, dealt with thest kind of folks before. They love to lowball you, then scream some type of chit to really kick you in the groin.

I told them I was unavailable, and to please find someone else to cook there gig.

I never regretted doing what I did.

To quote Kenny Rogers:
You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.

It's good advice for more than just gambling.

Although negotiating isn't that different from playing poker.

Id walk away, You know the pr#%* (rymes with stick) is going to complain post party.
Tell him if he wants cheap chicken to call Sledneck.

Norco you couldn't have put it any better. What happened after all?

We're waiting. Did you do it?
Did you get hosed?
C'mon man!!!!!

On a similar note, I have added a clause to any catering I do, and it states it in clear bold letters: There is to be no other food seved by anyone other than us!.
I will not cater to any party where other people bring food. If people end up sick, it will be hard to prove who the culprit was, and can damage your reputation forever.

Back