THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

menomonee falls... Was it worth ???

So Billy was it worth it to come back to bbq and do it at meno falls?
Did you have fun? i meen hell your smoker got up to 500 for 30 mins or more with your pork and brisket in it you had to rebuild the one side of your smoker. and you did chity!

I had a great time! There where fences mended and my smoker got fixed. I made some great new friends, and most importaint i was able to pull me pants down 4 times in public and not go to jail... hell i even chased dive around with my pants down. And I fogot what was most importaint. fun with my friends. So I will end this and say to you all please come by my camp grab a beer and do you know how to fix a treager?

So Billy was it worth it to come back to bbq and do it at meno falls?

Ummm... Billy? Do you know that you are typing to yourself? :-D

It was nice to meet you and your brother in person! I'm sorry that the Traeger was giving you fits. The important part is that you had fun!

I heard a rumor that you helped fix the generator when we all lost power on Saturday morning. Thanks!

I'm sorry that I missed you chaseing Dive around with you pants down.

Wait... Maybe I'm not sorry. :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Way to go Walt - maybe you want to keep that Lang and sell the Greer.

Pot Stirrer!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now that I've had some sleep and can type bester here are my thoughts on this competition.

Overall things went pretty smoothly. The site is a bit strange in that it is separated into two areas by a hill with some fairly steep stairs. That made check in a little rough since they didn't have people stationed in both areas. When we arrived at the upper area (the designated area for teams needing electricity or with bigger rigs) there was no one there. We were told that the spaces were first-come, first-served so the three of us who arrived at the same time grabbed three open spots. We all stood around for a while waiting for "the guy in the Gator" to show up to check us in but after about 15 minutes we gave up and started setting up. 15 minutes later the "guy in the Gator" shows up and tells one of the teams that he may have to move us. We basically told him that we had been there for 30 minutes waiting for him and we weren't going to repack out stuff. He decided not to move us :rolleyes:

Other than that there were really very few issues. The electricity went out for a short time on Saturday morning but we didn't even notice until I heard some mention hat it was out. My battery/inverter switched over automatically so the FEC just kept cooking.

The stairs between the two areas were an inconvenience. Billy, the Scotsmen and Freeman Brothers were up top with us but the rest of the brethren teams were down below so we didn't get to hang out very much. My knees are still sore from my tumble down the deck stairs last week so my only visit to the lower level was on Friday afternoon when Billy took me for a gold cart ride!

It was great to see the Scotsmen do so well, especially since it meant that we all got to see Walt and Joe accept their trophies wearing heir kilts :eek:. We got to the awards ceremony a little late so I wasn't in position to take a picture. Maybe next time!

Congrats to everyone! It was a lot of fun.

outstanding work Scottie and Joel!!! Congrats to all the others who got calls as well

It was great visiting the Brethren that I knew and meeting the ones that ones that I didnt.As Ron said the 2 level deal was kinda a bummer for visiting.Congrats to those that kicked our arses.I did a very poor job of cooking.Cant blame the judges for my poor performance.

It was great getting to meet some of the bretheren and putting faces with names now. I had a great time. I wish I could have gotten up the hill and met a few more of ya. Ron thanks for coming down and saying hi. Congrats to all of you that got the calls. I spent most of Friday night over by Dive and Pappa Hog and picked up a few tips. Thanks again for the tips and welcoming me in to your families. Hope to see you guys again soon and meet some more of ya. I will say that I have seen enough leopard print to last me a life time thanks to Billy.
Andy

looks like a good quality field. Congrats Scottie. Way to go Walt - maybe you want to keep that Lang and sell the Greer. Congrats to all who walked. Wish I could have been there but had to be at home this weekend.

Great event and kudos to Scottie and all of the Brethren. Ron L's brisket kicked ash!! (the traditional passing of the S & P places it back in our court).

As Ron L said, the steps of death were a real challenge. Thank goodness, Ramona (our newest team member) delivered the boxes in great condition.

Wish we were able to meet all of the Brethren. Great to meet Coz and put some faces to names. Papa Hogg has the cutest piglets, great to see them walking to the stage.

Especially fun to cook next to the Freeman Brothers - 3rd cook and placed top ten.

Ford, as to the Geer pit decision, I just 'fetch and tote'. Tonto runs the Smokin' Scotsmen and she is taking pity on me and my love of finely made pit toys.

Finally, always remember that Kilts are Kool!:icon_cool:icon_cool:icon_cool

I was there on Friday generally hanging out at Fatboyz pit, but got around to meet a bunch of you. It was great putting the faces to the avatars. My wife had a blast too, Ron., nice meeting and talking to you and your wife. Dive, great daughter you have there, you should be proud.

I'll probably swing by the Racine contest next weekend, look forward to seeing those of you there that go. Thanks Billie for letting me hang around. I need to get to one of these and be a helper for one of you some day. That would be cool.

Congrats on the fine showing Scottie! Impressive finishes.

Jim

Congrats to all the Brethren teams who walked!

Good to see Billy back in action.

A huge congrats to the Smokin Scotts who tooks 3rd overall, as well congrats to RG and Gc in this contest.

Way to brethren...I had a great time this weekend, cooking and hanging with friends. I was most excited that my chicken, which has been my nemesis, never better than 20's, finally break into the top 10.

RonL 6th over-all great job & Smokin' Scots very impressive showing, can't wait until this weekend, when we should all be next to each other.

Fat Andy I had a great time getting to know you better & shooting the chit thru the wee hours of the AM, hope you can come walk the grounds in Racine, BTW fantastic hot wings!

Fear The Pig!

Hey Dive did you get your hose back? Always fun mocking & harassing each other can't wait to do it again.

Thanks everyone. What a fun weekend!! Congrat's to Scottie and to all the teams that took a walk!!!
I don't think Iv'e ever laughed harder at turn in time listing to Billy and Animal yelling back and forth at each other..... A sampling:

Billy: Oh #*#*, I think I just cut off my finger...

Animal: Not to worry..just put some sauce on it and throw it in the box...they will never know.... and on it went...:lol:

Great to see old friends and meet some new brethren, wish I would have had the time and energy to make it down the hill and meet more!!

It was great to see the Scotsmen do so well, especially since it meant that we all got to see Walt and Joe accept their trophies wearing heir kilts :eek:. We got to the awards ceremony a little late so I wasn't in position to take a picture. Maybe next time!

You mean THESE kilts, Ron?

In Kilts.jpg

Wouldn't want you to hurt your camera!

This was a great contest made even better by a first place check. We again had great neighbors in the Scotsmen and Def Dog BBQ. The 1958 GE fridge converted to a smoker that Def Dog used was a conversation starter all weekend. The Scotsmen provided the best Saturday morning breakfast we've had at a comp. The biscuits and gravy were awesome!! Thanks again.

This was a good contest. The stairs were a little different twist, but I don't walk the containers in so I didn't care too much. The live music was good, the grounds were good, and overall we'll come back next year. Jenny did a great job getting everything to go smoothly with some help from Patrick and Marty.

Congratulations to Scottie for his impressive showing in taking GC. The Scotsmen overcame their nemesis in ribs and finished off well and overall the Brethren walked a bunch of times. The split grounds didn't make it easy for me to get down and finally meet the likes of Papa Hogg and Divemaster, but hopefully we'll make that happen next time.

Back