Roll Call. Inside 30 days. The BBQ Skirmish- July 13-14, Gettysburg PA

I just sent Dan an e-mail a little bit ago, and asked about the status on an update.... hopefully we'll be seeing one real soon! What is the deal with no water, I thought he said there were gonna be 2-3 water buffalos around?

I just sent Dan an e-mail a little bit ago, and asked about the status on an update.... hopefully we'll be seeing one real soon! What is the deal with no water, I thought he said there were gonna be 2-3 water buffalos around?

Guess we better top off the trailer tank..........

Does anyone know if the non KCBS would be a one day or two day event? No information online and no e-mail response

Anyone know of a place to get water? I can't travel 11 hours with full water tanks. Anything close by for food?

Looks like they have a RV travel plaza at the 76/70 interchange, so we should be good.

Sounds like I should make sure my Honda 6500 should be tuned up...

I've maybe have done that at some gas stations that are closed or rest stops in my travels...

Looks like they have a RV travel plaza at the 76/70 interchange, so we should be good.

Sounds like I should make sure my Honda 6500 should be tuned up...

Sounds good! You can park next to me and I'll just run a 12 gauge cord over!

Uh, I thought you needed water to be sanctioned? Also, Dan's e-mail says that in addition to the single hose hookup, there will be two water buffalos. Finally, Dan's e-mail said their costs for electric went up, but they will definitely have it.

Uh, I thought you needed water to be sanctioned? Also, Dan's e-mail says that in addition to the single hose hookup, there will be two water buffalos. Finally, Dan's e-mail said their costs for electric went up, but they will definitely have it.

I dont know about sanctioning but kinda hard to have a 3 bay sink with out water.

I'm hoping everything turns out OK with this comp. This is the reason we decided to give it a year to see how this first comp goes, besides next year is the 150th aniversary there so I really want to be there next year. Good luck to all. We'll be squeezed in tight @ Wildwood.

Sal,

I sent Dan an email this morning after reading all of this. I asked that he please send an update at least about the water and electric. I told him I would be happy to post his response here so that everyone would know what the real story is. No response as of yet.

I just spoke with the Adams County Arts Counsel executive director. They're going to address the communications void ASAP. I voiced the communications concerns and communicated the growing nervousness on the part of the teams regarding schedules/water/electric/awards/ etc. I told her that a quick email from Dan to all the teams would go a long way to alleviate people's concerns. I was assured that there will be electric on site and water will be available one way or the other.

See everyone on Friday.

I'm hoping everything turns out OK with this comp. This is the reason we decided to give it a year to see how this first comp goes, besides next year is the 150th aniversary there so I really want to be there next year. Good luck to all. We'll be squeezed in tight @ Wildwood.

Yep with my family tie to the battle I will be there 100% for sure for the 150th anniversary.

Back