THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The chili and stew look great!
And that pit is just awesome! I need something like that in My yard!!

There is nothing that looks bad in those pictures. In fact, it all looks great! Dang, I miss El Paso...more so when I see pix like those.

The chili - you said you won't share the recipe, but will you tell me how finely you chopped the meat - it didn't look to fine - or ground.

Thanks again everybody. Neil, look for UPS, not FedEx.:-D Hope all is better with your van and trailer Brother.

The meat was not chopped very fine, it was the brisket point I had chopped up last week, so the sizes were in the half to one inch range. Actually no real big secret to my chili. I just start out with a rendered fat, bacon and then sautee some onions in it. From there th meat would go in, whatever I happened to have, this time it was brisket. Then brown the meat and I don't have exact measurements but it was chili powder, dried onion and garlic, dry chipotle flakes that I still had left. From there it gets a good boil with lid off to evap some of the liquid and concentrate the flavors. Then I used some masa powder to thicken it up. The liquid I used was the chile water from the quajillos I boiled up. I tossed in some quajillo puree as the last dump for color. I also had used some paprika for color as well. That's about it.

Thanks again everybody. Neil, look for UPS, not FedEx.:-D Hope all is better with your van and trailer Brother.

The meat was not chopped very fine, it was the brisket point I had chopped up last week, so the sizes were in the half to one inch range. Actually no real big secret to my chili. I just start out with a rendered fat, bacon and then sautee some onions in it. From there th meat would go in, whatever I happened to have, this time it was brisket. Then brown the meat and I don't have exact measurements but it was chili powder, dried onion and garlic, dry chipotle flakes that I still had left. From there it gets a good boil with lid off to evap some of the liquid and concentrate the flavors. Then I used some masa powder to thicken it up. The liquid I used was the chile water from the quajillos I boiled up. I tossed in some quajillo puree as the last dump for color. I also had used some paprika for color as well. That's about it.

Thanks, Bob - I plan to make some this weekend - I think I have plenty of quajillos, too. :mrgreen:

As for the stew, I can't remember. It most likely had some greens and most likely green chile in it. I know there is a pic of it some where, just gotta find it.

Bob

Strewth Bob!

Talk about yankin your own chain! :razz:

But seriously, It was great to see all those other names there... even yours doing a thread before you drop off the twig. You look positively juvenile in those pics! You should get a smack on the legs for reviving a post THAT old! :heh:

But Texas Chil! Forgiven!

Cheers!

Back