THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
I wasn't planning on shooting a video this week because we were supposed to have some painting done in the kitchen and everything is packed up. Fortunately the painters pushed us back 3 days so I had time to shoot a fun little experiment.

I did a test fit to see if the Gabby's Grills Santa Maria attachment would work on my big kamados. Turns out, it did fit on one of them so I grilled a steak. It was great. I hope y'all enjoy this.

https://youtu.be/quuSCsGKXxc

Side note. I loved making this video. It's been a long time since I've shot a laid back video on the KJ or Summit using one camera. I think i'm going to get back to doing stuff like this more.

I wasn't planning on shooting a video this week because we were supposed to have some painting done in the kitchen and everything is packed up. Fortunately the painters pushed us back 3 days so I had time to shoot a fun little experiment.

I did a test fit to see if the Gabby's Grills Santa Maria attachment would work on my big kamados. Turns out, it did fit on one of them so I grilled a steak. It was great. I hope y'all enjoy this.

https://youtu.be/quuSCsGKXxc

Side note. I loved making this video. It's been a long time since I've shot a laid back video on the KJ or Summit using one camera. I think i'm going to get back to doing stuff like this more.

Looks like I may be spending more money.

This place is costing me a fortune.

I'll pass. The youtube redirects are fine but how about some pictures instead for those of us that don't want to watch a video.

I'm sorry, but I'd put this under a misapplication of the Gabby Grills product.

It appears to be built for a Weber kettle, and you seem to be putting it to use in ceramics.
So I would be concerned about it expanding and damaging a ceramic cooker same as you were.

But on a Weber kettle (Regular, removable lid) I bet it shines as an accessory. Or at least allows more elevation to control the heat hitting the meat.

il_794xN.725314476_btnh.jpg

With all of the smokers and grills ("cookers".... ha ha) I already own, I just need to get a Santa Maria grill to start the divorce proceedings at my house. But...loved the video as I do all of them.

With all of the smokers and grills ("cookers".... ha ha) I already own, I just need to get a Santa Maria grill to start the divorce proceedings at my house. But...loved the video as I do all of them.

I can't believe he or she hasn't done this already. :heh:

BBM... now we have someone to blame when we break our cookers trying this. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think on a regular Kettle, this would be a great way to put together a Santa Maria style barby for anybody.
A hair over $300, if one was to buy a new kettle and the SR attachment.

My one concern is the stop bolt having a single stop for each turn. But probably wouldn't matter that much.

But crank it up to add some wood, bring it down to keep on cookin. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but I'd put this under a misapplication of the Gabby Grills product.

It appears to be built for a Weber kettle, and you seem to be putting it to use in ceramics.
So I would be concerned about it expanding and damaging a ceramic cooker same as you were.

But on a Weber kettle (Regular, removable lid) I bet it shines as an accessory. Or at least allows more elevation to control the heat hitting the meat.

il_794xN.725314476_btnh.jpg

Right. That was the point of the video. Testing a product designed for the kettle on a cooker it wasn't designed for. Thanks for watching!

Nice as usual Justin!

I was gonna start a bbq whotube channel but I have decided not to wade into the wasters as there’s no way I can hang with the expensive “tongs!”

:caked:

Back