Testing Santa Maria attachment on Big Joe & WSCG

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
I wasn't planning on shooting a video this week because we were supposed to have some painting done in the kitchen and everything is packed up. Fortunately the painters pushed us back 3 days so I had time to shoot a fun little experiment.

I did a test fit to see if the Gabby's Grills Santa Maria attachment would work on my big kamados. Turns out, it did fit on one of them so I grilled a steak. It was great. I hope y'all enjoy this.

https://youtu.be/quuSCsGKXxc

Side note. I loved making this video. It's been a long time since I've shot a laid back video on the KJ or Summit using one camera. I think i'm going to get back to doing stuff like this more.

I wasn't planning on shooting a video this week because we were supposed to have some painting done in the kitchen and everything is packed up. Fortunately the painters pushed us back 3 days so I had time to shoot a fun little experiment.

I did a test fit to see if the Gabby's Grills Santa Maria attachment would work on my big kamados. Turns out, it did fit on one of them so I grilled a steak. It was great. I hope y'all enjoy this.

https://youtu.be/quuSCsGKXxc

Side note. I loved making this video. It's been a long time since I've shot a laid back video on the KJ or Summit using one camera. I think i'm going to get back to doing stuff like this more.

Looks like I may be spending more money.

This place is costing me a fortune.

I'll pass. The youtube redirects are fine but how about some pictures instead for those of us that don't want to watch a video.

I'm sorry, but I'd put this under a misapplication of the Gabby Grills product.

It appears to be built for a Weber kettle, and you seem to be putting it to use in ceramics.
So I would be concerned about it expanding and damaging a ceramic cooker same as you were.

But on a Weber kettle (Regular, removable lid) I bet it shines as an accessory. Or at least allows more elevation to control the heat hitting the meat.

il_794xN.725314476_btnh.jpg

With all of the smokers and grills ("cookers".... ha ha) I already own, I just need to get a Santa Maria grill to start the divorce proceedings at my house. But...loved the video as I do all of them.

With all of the smokers and grills ("cookers".... ha ha) I already own, I just need to get a Santa Maria grill to start the divorce proceedings at my house. But...loved the video as I do all of them.

I can't believe he or she hasn't done this already. :heh:

BBM... now we have someone to blame when we break our cookers trying this. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think on a regular Kettle, this would be a great way to put together a Santa Maria style barby for anybody.
A hair over $300, if one was to buy a new kettle and the SR attachment.

My one concern is the stop bolt having a single stop for each turn. But probably wouldn't matter that much.

But crank it up to add some wood, bring it down to keep on cookin. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but I'd put this under a misapplication of the Gabby Grills product.

It appears to be built for a Weber kettle, and you seem to be putting it to use in ceramics.
So I would be concerned about it expanding and damaging a ceramic cooker same as you were.

But on a Weber kettle (Regular, removable lid) I bet it shines as an accessory. Or at least allows more elevation to control the heat hitting the meat.

il_794xN.725314476_btnh.jpg

Right. That was the point of the video. Testing a product designed for the kettle on a cooker it wasn't designed for. Thanks for watching!

Nice as usual Justin!

I was gonna start a bbq whotube channel but I have decided not to wade into the wasters as there’s no way I can hang with the expensive “tongs!”

:caked:

Back