THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoingPostal

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I just joined and this is my first post.

I purchased the Vision Grill Classic 2 days ago and had no idea how to control the temperature. I cooked a pizza last night. I wait until the temperature reached 600 and popped in the pizza and few minute later it was done. I got lucky, I didn't burn the pizza.

I had plan to cook ribeye and baked potatoes on the grill this evening. So I spend the whole afternoon playing with my grill. Through trial and error and many hours of trying different setting, I came up with the chart below. I hope it helps others.

I used the built in thermometer for my test (I order a Maverick wireless today). Here's how I got the desired temp. I fully opened the top and bottom vent. Once the temp. was 10-15 degrees from my desired temp. I closed both top and bottom. I would wait for the temp. to stabilize. I would tweak the bottom and top until I could hold the desired temp. for 10 minutes. The lower temp. were easy. I had a hard time with 400 and 450.

Vision Grill Temperature Settings

Temp.------Bottom Vent------------Top Vent
200----------2-------------------------crack top
225----------2 1/2---------------------crack top
250----------4-------------------------crack top
275----------4--------------------------1/3
300----------5 1/2----------------------crack top
350----------1 1/2----------------------1/4
400----------4--------------------------1
450----------8--------------------------3/4

After I completed 450. I closed the top and bottom to drop the temp. to 400 and tossed 3 potatoes in foil for 45 minutes using the setting for 400 above. The temp. drop when i first put the potatoes in. Within a couple of minutes the temp. when back to 400 and stayed. The potatoes came out perfect. Next, I fully opened the top and bottom to reach 600 degree and tweaked the settings until I could hold 600.To hold 600, I moved both lower slides half way and set the top to 1. It took a few tweaks to get the temp to hold, but it didn't take long.

I need more practice but i feel like I can control the grill.

Back