Taking New Rotisserie for a Spin

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
John
My wife gave me an early Christmas present last night (so i could use it to cook Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner ...lol)

Fortunately I have the day off today, so I figured it was a great time to take it for a practice spin.

We have a built-in fire pit on our patio so she elected to get me the One Grill Fire Pit model.

This thing is sweet!! Built like a tank and all stainless steel.

The spit itself is a 1/2” diameter solid stainless bar that is 53” long. Which means after it is mounted in place, it has a full 48” of room on the spit!
The motor (in a SS weather resistant housing) is rated at 50lbs.

This morning, all it took to install was to tap the vertical posts into the dirt (they recommend 6”), build a fire and get to cooking.

I went out this morning and picked up a monster 4lb unpeeled tri tip to spin.

Seasoned with Q-Salt, then tied and put in the spit.

2ea6d9ed663eee4f32f17062317d2341.jpg

Here is a short vid of the mother of all rotisseries spinning this huge tri tip without any effort

https://youtu.be/U6swYsg50ww

Wow, that is a nice set-up, thanks for those additional photos. And with the long spit, there room for a pretty big bed of coals too.

Wow, that is a nice set-up, thanks for those additional photos. And with the long spit, there room for a pretty big bed of coals too.

Yes...
I wonder if a 4’ long trench in my backyard filled with coals would raise any suspicions.

I cooked it about 3 hours over the fire and then rested in foil for an hour.

2dbb7d78a03d5b28d25b1c1130d2c956.jpg

Next it was time to breakout the slicer as this will be sandwich fixin’s

7f9db6566630b89aec7e836c25e9a5e8.jpg

76ecc500529eca77ed65819a9713f0cc.jpg

538cb7ab57416836157af43f0575dc26.jpg

6bf25192f88d261f14ae72724dfe32fd.jpg

Let’s just say..that once we started dipping the slices in the au jus...sandwiches became a thought of the past.

Maybe next time.

You're having a Great Saturday in the run-up to Christmas!

Keep that thang spinning! The results (heck, and the process, too) look amazing.

Got leg of Lamb lined up tomorrow and rib roast on Christmas on the spit.

Love it! We're doing the rib roast on Christmas, then leg of lamb for New Years... no automated spinning, though.

I look forward to your continued fun shenanigans and deliciousness!

Back