THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whoever resurrected this thread THANK YOU!!! I have been looking at making a table for my OTS (I'll worry about the ash collection myself) and this is a great start! Thanks for the great writeup, Carbon!

Finished her off yesterday, and had my first cook with it. I made it at a 40" height, skipped wheels as it's going to stay on the deck, and is made completely of reclaimed redwood and stainless steel.
webertable12.jpg

I also left some "tabs" 1/2" long to get the kettle up off of the table to allow for the lid to sit on correctly.

webertable11.jpg

I used a coal bowl out of an ECB for an ash collector, suspended by some simple wire. I may notch it and tuck it up higher if I get around to it. This works OK for now.

webertable09.jpg

Ok, finally got around to working on this ... (with apologies to Carbon)

viewFile.html

Working on figuring out how I want to tile it.

Mostly done for now. I stained/sealed (natural tone) the frame mounted the hardware and inserted a pine block (1"x24"x48") that I applied a redwood tinted sealer to.

Looking for a sheet of copper to skin the inset with for now. When the weather warms up in the spring I do a tile pattern in place of the copper inset.

Also thinking about shelving still.

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

Back