THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kai Yaker

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Kai
We did an early Thanksgiving for relatives. I spatchcocked a 14 lb bird and used the Sweetwater Spice Apple Rosemary Sage Classic Holiday Turkey Bath Brine Concentrate that I purchased from All Things BBQ. I needed two bottles, added the prescribed salt and water with an overnight brine. Smoked on a Yoder YS 640s with an added smoke tube at 375 to an internal of 165.

I have to tell you this was the first time I tasted all the spices inside the meat when I have brined. I have always found the meat juicy when brining but this time I actually tasted the rosemary and sage. I was amazed and really enjoyed it. My guests seemed to gloss over it. Not sure if they just expected the flavors or what. But I was truly impressed. It is a bit expensive in that I bought it rather than made it; but it is pretty good if your looking to get all those flavors deep into your meat. I tasted breast meat, thigh and other odds and ends and all had the flavor. Just an FYI in case your looking for something different in future cooks.

Sorry, no pics, I was busy and you know...

Cheers all!

Yaker

https://www.atbbq.com/sauces-and-ru...ic-holiday-turkey-bath-brine-concentrate.html

Back