Sweetwater Spice Apple Rosemary Brine Review

Kai Yaker

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Kai
We did an early Thanksgiving for relatives. I spatchcocked a 14 lb bird and used the Sweetwater Spice Apple Rosemary Sage Classic Holiday Turkey Bath Brine Concentrate that I purchased from All Things BBQ. I needed two bottles, added the prescribed salt and water with an overnight brine. Smoked on a Yoder YS 640s with an added smoke tube at 375 to an internal of 165.

I have to tell you this was the first time I tasted all the spices inside the meat when I have brined. I have always found the meat juicy when brining but this time I actually tasted the rosemary and sage. I was amazed and really enjoyed it. My guests seemed to gloss over it. Not sure if they just expected the flavors or what. But I was truly impressed. It is a bit expensive in that I bought it rather than made it; but it is pretty good if your looking to get all those flavors deep into your meat. I tasted breast meat, thigh and other odds and ends and all had the flavor. Just an FYI in case your looking for something different in future cooks.

Sorry, no pics, I was busy and you know...

Cheers all!

Yaker

https://www.atbbq.com/sauces-and-ru...ic-holiday-turkey-bath-brine-concentrate.html

Back