Sunday Pies

I hate the black parts.
Ed

Really? It's a difficult skill, but I love the burnt parts. I still haven't mastered it. The first doesn't have enough char and the second has slightly too much.

I once saw an interview with a pizza chef who had a specially designed, Italian-made oven sent to his restaurant in a town of about 70,000 people.

He served his first customer and the customer said, "That's burnt".
The chef was heartbroken. He had spent years in culinary classes in Italy learning how to "burn" it just right. He always wanted to make authentic napoleon pizza for his hometown but they just didn't get it.

Really? It's a difficult skill, but I love the burnt parts. I still haven't mastered it. The first doesn't have enough char and the second has slightly too much.

I once saw an interview with a pizza chef who had a specially designed, Italian-made oven sent to his restaurant in a town of about 70,000 people.

He served his first customer and the customer said, "That's burnt".
The chef was heartbroken. He had spent years in culinary classes in Italy learning how to "burn" it just right. He always wanted to make authentic napoleon pizza for his hometown but they just didn't get it.

My favorite pizza restaurant has a big plaque on the wall that says, "It's not burnt, it's well done". I order mine light baked.

Back