Father's Day Gift: Ooni Karu 12

pmad

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
My boys got me the Ooni Karu 12 with the gas adapter.

Any suggestions for Ooni owners here?

I tried to make a pizza trial run today. The top was done before the bottom crust.

I realize it will take a few runs to dial it in.

First pizza:

Attachments

• IMG_2944.jpg
    IMG_2944.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 108
Although I do not have that ooni, I recommend heating it to get stone hot well before the first pie and adjusting the flame lower upon placing it. Helps on my Koda.

My boys got me the Ooni Karu 12 with the gas adapter.

Any suggestions for Ooni owners here?

I tried to make a pizza trial run today. The top was done before the bottom crust.

I realize it will take a few runs to dial it in.

First pizza:

I just got a Karu 12 as well but I do not have the gas burner. I burn lump and wood.

The best advice I can give is to get the stone very hot, at least 700 or 750 degrees. They say there is a 15 minute warmup but it is more like 30.

If using gas, I have heard to turn the gas back after launching the pizza to give a little longer cook time.

On my first few tries, I have had varying results. I think my main problem is making the dough but practice make perfect.

Overall, I really like the Ooni and my next experiment will be a steak and some naan bread.

One last thing, remember to TURN FREQUENTLY! I hate to admit it but I did actually have some dough catch fire (Just ate around that part).

Congrats on the Ooni!
As mentioned, get that stone hot, and turn the flame down some when you launch, turn often.

Back