Stubb's/Cowboy Briqs Update

Duey

Knows what a fatty is.
I put this in my old thread, then realized it should be in a new one. I emailed Cowboy Charcoal to find out the status of Stubb's and Cowboy Briqs. Here is their response.

Thank you for contacting us. Lowe’s and some other retailers are currently transitioning from Stubb’s to our Cowboy Hardwood Briquets. The hardwood briquets are the same, just with different branding. This change was made to consolidate to a unified brand offering at Lowe’s.

Aside from Lowe’s, you can also find the Cowboy Hardwood Briquets at Kroger, True Value, and other grocery stores.

Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets provide long-lasting, even heat while adding the authentic, smoky flavor of hardwood, just like the Stubb’s briquets that you currently use. They are all natural – no fillers, chemicals, or additives. You can find them here on our website.

I hope this information was helpful. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Thank you,
Jennifer W.

cid:image002.png@01D4D4C9.6FC05E20

Jennifer Whiteley | Consumer Affairs Representative
Cowboy Charcoal | PO Box 1230 Stockton, CA 95203
www.cowboycharcoal.com

Hopefully this helps the Stubb's fans like me.

I wish I knew. There isn't any CB in a Lowe's around me (within like 75 miles). You can order it online, though.

Yeah, same here. It’s been gone for a while. I hadn’t thought to check online. It seems odd that they cycled through the Stubbs late last summer and switched to Cowboy...then sold out of that within 6 months. Hopefully it returns soon, but my local Lowe’s doesn’t even have a pick slot for it anymore.

Music to my ears. Stubb's/Cowboy are hands down the best briquettes. :rockon:

When I looked last night, it was $4.99 a bag online through Lowe's and free shipping. Not sure if that was a special or what, but when I get off nights, I'm ordering.

I was in Lowes (McDonough, GA) Wednesday and they were stocking a couple of pallets of Cowboy.

Just looked to order CB and no free shipping for me, shipping cost more than the product :(

Thanks for the heads up. Local Lowe's has 14.2 bags on sale for $4.99. I'm picking up a bunch over lunch.

Wonderful. Thanks very much for your relaying the information. It just shows the word "Brethren" means something for sure.

Shipping button is greyed out, seems they have it in store now or truck ship for 50+

QUOTE=SmokinMoney;4147866]Lowes' website has free shipping if you order $50 of it.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
When I looked last night, it was $4.99 a bag online through Lowe's and free shipping. Not sure if that was a special or what, but when I get off nights, I'm ordering.

Picked up 5 bags of the Cowboy briqs today for $4.99 each. They had 9 left but I have a zillion bags of Royal Oak briqs already in storage. Still can't help but buy stuff when it is a a good deal.

My store was the only one in the north Houston area to have any.

Update-

Placed the order online on Friday. Got a message on Sunday that the order was canceled so I gave them a call. Was told it was on backorder and wouldn't be shipped until next Thursday. I agreed with that so they reinstated the order. Comb back today for additional clarification and was told they were canceling the order because the offer was in error and only good for in-store pickup.

Anybody else order for shipment and run into the same issue?

They offered Royal Oak 15.4#, shipped, the same price ($4.99) as the Cowboy. Never tried Royal Oak . Should I go for it?

Back