THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dave
I even searched before starting this thread & it seems most discussion is a couple years old, but my new experience seems pretty consistent with those earlier posts. Bought a couple 15 lb bags for $8 each at Lowes and used some last night for the first time. Looks to me like it burns a hotter & cleaner than KBB and nowhere near the amount of ash at the end of the cook. I like it and will use more. Anybody have any idea who makes it?

It's my favorite charcoal. In December my Lowe's blows it out for about $2.99 a bag. I usually try to get it all.

my lowes no longer sells it. and other places sell it for so much its a no go.
seems a lot of these specialty stuff comes and goes but ro stays so thats what i use.

I don't see RO very often. How does it compare to KBB? I decided to try the Stubbs because the KBB has so much ash and was just looking for an alternative.
my lowes no longer sells it. and other places sell it for so much its a no go.
seems a lot of these specialty stuff comes and goes but ro stays so thats what i use.

Back