Stubbs Charcoal Briquettes

Stubb's charcoal is on sale at Lowes starting today. Buy one 15 pound bag and get another bag free. The price is of a bag is $8.49 so the price after sale is $4.24 (that's $0.28 per pound).

Bill

a lot of ash

Sorry, but compared to other briqs, you couldn't be any more wrong, unless maybe you're going from how one bad bag did. I've had that happen once, but I've used a lot of Stubbs.

Actually, the only thing that I know of that has less ash than these briqs is lump, but I get more consistant and longer burns in my wsm with quality briqs like Stubbs. I don't miss putting together the shake-and-pack lump puzzle, either.

That being said, all it takes is a little greed or a pragmatic bean counter somewhere to ruin a brand. Hopefully, that won't happen though, and like I said, except for one bag.... so far, better than anything else I've used, but if you know of a lower ash briq, I might like to try it. :thumb:

I love you guys... I really do.

Read this thread at 8:19pm. In the car at 8:20pm. At Lowes by 8:46pm. The tag in the aisle said the price was $8+. Went to customer service and showed them the webpage saying that the price should be $4+. "Sir that's the online price" No, I selected the store I wanted to shop at in my zip code, that's the price its supposed to be. "If you bring a bag to the desk, I'll see what it rings up as". 8:55pm - store closes in 5 mins. The bag rang up at $4+. Rolled out with 12 bags.

Woohoo!

Attachments

• charcoal.jpg
    charcoal.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 183
I would love to pick up a few bags but I can't seem to find the ad anywhere. Post a link? Not on their webpage that I can see...

Was this some kind of one-day sale? No such deal in Conn. and I just looked on the Lowes web site and didn't see anything. Just the regular $8.49 per bag.

the sale is a West cost thing it looks like. If you put in a zipcode for CA it will show on the add. I called my local store and told them about it and they said bring in a picture of the add and they will match it here in WI. Had no issues and picked up 6 bags.

I picked up 7 bags at Lowes here. The shelf had it at the regular price, but it rang up at the sale price at the register.

i haven't tried these, but my cousin called and told me either lowes or home depot has these buy one get one free.

I live in GA and that was not the regional add here. So I printed out an ad that did have the Stubbs sale and they honored it.

Good stuff, and yep, it's on sale at Lowes thru the weekend for $5.

If you want a LONG-lasting, very low ash briquette that you can probably get just as hot as most lumps... Stubb's the stuff.

I already picked up six bags the other day, and will try to pick up a few more before the end of the week.

Thanks for the heads up men! Lowe's in Mustang, Ok is now 26 bags shorter, had to buy out the whole store!

Picked up 15 bags yesterday at $5 each. Of course, my fiancee is starting to wonder though since i also bought 200lbs of Kingsford Blue last week. But Hey...i am good on charcoal for a while...ha ha

I picked up 5 bags yesterday and will get back there this weekend for a few more. Love the Stubbs! :clap2:

Back