THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy s**t that is a massive chunk of meat.. Im not sure that would even fit in a 55gal uds and if it did i think u would have a time with temps. I wouldnt try that to begin with and i deff wouldnt do it for the first time at a family event

Thanks for all of the great info everyone,

Fortunately we were unable to find a steamship round with such short notice as it could have easily turned into a disaster. We ended up getting a 31lb beef clod (shoulder). That is about absolute max that a 55 gallon UDS can hold. It was an order of magnitude more difficult to keep the temps constant than the brisket I cooked the week before.

After a 17 hour peach wood smoke (tin foil during the last few hours) and 4 hour rest it turned out perfect. The whole party was completely stuffed and I have been having pulled bbq sandwiches from the frozen left overs for the last few weeks.

Attachments

That looks good! :clap2: Thanks for sharing the results. Looks good! :hungry: Since I first heard of clod I've wanted to try one. (Go big or go home!)

Did I say it looks good?

Back