THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chuck Eye, lot cheaper than rib eye, and with the same taste.

Chuck eyes are a great piece of meat for the price you pay and I agree with you they are very similiar in taste to a ribeye. I wonder if anyone who lives outside of the midwest can actually buy them in the stores. I'm thinking most people on the coasts cannot. If I have a choice and the money, I'd buy a filet mignon. IMHO, the best tasting and most tender of all beef steaks!!

Cant beat a Ribeye, but for the money I buy New Yorks for 1.99 Lb. (family pack 10 lbs. or more) That's cheaper then hamburger. I know Trp Tip is not really considered a steak, but it sure is tasty sliced after a nice amount of Oak.

Rib Eye's!

I have to go with the Rib Eye's also.
I'm doing a four pound Rib Eye Roast on the Drum tomorrow.
Pron to follow.:wink:

Weiser

Sirloins, big thick juicy sirloins!!! Cooked slowly, ya can't beat 'em!
We love the Costco choice sirloins the best. There is a lot of variance with choice meat, that's why I keep going back to Costco.

NY Strip all the way. Best taste best texture. Not the cheapest. I would have to say the best steak for less is the Sirloin.

This question is strictly a matter of personal taste if you are talking about "flavor" as being the best.

From the perspective of "Value", regional and seasonal things come into play.

We buy ribeyes when they are on sale and that is our preferred steak from a "cooking and flavor" view.
I have about 20 lbs in the freezer now and ready to cook.
Seem to be the best quality/price cut here.

But, If we find any other quality steak on a great sale--bring it on !!!!:-D

The one thing we do not compromise on is thickness and quality.
We want steaks that are well over 1" thick and have some nice marbelling -- or they can just keep it at any price.

Just our thoughts.

TIM

Chuck Eye, lot cheaper than rib eye, and with the same taste.

Chuck eyes are a great piece of meat for the price you pay and I agree with you they are very similiar in taste to a ribeye. I wonder if anyone who lives outside of the midwest can actually buy them in the stores. I'm thinking most people on the coasts cannot. If I have a choice and the money, I'd buy a filet mignon. IMHO, the best tasting and most tender of all beef steaks!!

We get them down here in the South:cool: I love Ribeye's and cook a lot of filet's for my wife, but I cook a bunch of chuck eyes out on the jobsites for lunch:-D

Back