THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Almost feels funny to me posting about a regular cook and nothing cured, stuffed, or fermented. LOL

Anyhow, I went down to the farmer's market on Saturday as my friend there had a few things for me. He lets me hop up in the back of his freezer truck and look around. It is a blessing and a curse. I love doing it, but it always ups my $$ output. :-D

So.....these were not on my planned pick up, but when I saw them I knew I had to have them. Bone in ribeye, each one a little over 1 1/2 pounds.

7XXC3jY.jpg

Hit them with kosher salt and had them hang out in the fridge for a few hours.

Indirect at roughly 250 until the IT hit 110 then direct to get a little color on them. Grilled some asparagus while that was happening.

w3lrzQC.jpg

I had some marrow butter doing nothing in the fridge so hit them both a bit of that and off the heat.

iO7mwIE.jpg

Got busy eating and damn near forgot a cut pic.

yLVzzLr.jpg

Simple, easy, and damn good.

Back