THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
[FONT=&quot]Our New Throwdown Category is...[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

"Steak!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
19423175254_7fa154c6a7_b.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This was Der Husker's Superb Entry in the 2015 Steak Throwdown
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As chosen by tom b for winning the "Kettle Cook-Off" Throwdown.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
tom b said:
Anyhow for the next TD I'm thinking "steak" any cut from any animal just as long as it is a steak and your entry or original thread must contain a cut shot/picture of the meat sliced after it's been cooked.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/27 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 5/14/18.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 5/14/18

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
Best of luck and even better eats to all!

[/FONT]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
"A steak (/ˈsteɪk/) is a meat generally sliced across the muscle fibers, potentially including a bone. Exceptions, in which the meat is sliced parallel to the fibers, include the skirt steak that is cut from the plate, the flank steak that is cut from the abdominal muscles, and the Silverfinger steak that is cut from the loin and includes three rib bones. When the word "steak" is used without qualification, it generally refers to a beefsteak. In a larger sense, there are also fish steaks, ground meat steaks, pork steak and many more varieties of steaks."
From Wikipedia
So Silverfinger's covered.:-D

Last edited:
"A steak (/ˈsteɪk/) is a meat generally sliced across the muscle fibers, potentially including a bone. Exceptions, in which the meat is sliced parallel to the fibers, include the skirt steak that is cut from the plate, the flank steak that is cut from the abdominal muscles, and the Silverfinger steak that is cut from the loin and includes three rib bones. When the word "steak" is used without qualification, it generally refers to a beefsteak. In a larger sense, there are also fish steaks, ground meat steaks, pork steak and many more varieties of steaks."
From Wikipedia
So Silverfinger's covered.:-D

mPTFT_zpsg8p4qnaw.jpg

Please accept my entry...

Casual Monday night grillin'
1/2# Grass-Fed Organic Strip Steak
1# Ribeye

Salt+Pepper+Magic Dust

10xei5i.jpg

Reverse sear on gasser

119bjgi.jpg

Served up with some redskins & green beans

2rpwbuo.jpg

Nice looking steaks!

Which one of these is your entry photo?

FYI:

9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderators a PM and we will do our best to correct the issue.

Please forgive me but, What is the "cut shot"?
OK, the beer goggles off now. That means the cut into said steak! Just wanted to clarify that for the rookies. Not Pro's like me. :tsk: :doh: :becky:

Nice looking steaks!

Which one of these is your entry photo?

FYI:

9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderators a PM and we will do our best to correct the issue.

Sorry...can I use the middle one?

Michigan BBQ Fan, Since the special rules state you need to provide a "cut shot" I'd say you have 2 choices - 1. Resubmit your entry with a cut shot if you took one, or 2. Submit a new entry. I know it would be terrible to have to eat steak again... :becky:

Michigan BBQ Fan, Since the special rules state you need to provide a "cut shot" I'd say you have 2 choices - 1. Resubmit your entry with a cut shot if you took one, or 2. Submit a new entry. I know it would be terrible to have to eat steak again... :becky:

Not to pick nits, but his picture has both a strip steak and a ribeye in each picture, thereby each picture actually illustrates two cuts in each.

When I read the cut shot rule, I knew it meant that steak chitterlings were not acceptable as its not a true cut.

Back