THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have really liked the Costco Kirkland brand. One of the lid handles fell off(spot weld) and I returned the whole set for a new one after about 9 months

We bought an induction cook top about six months ago and had to go to stainless. I did a ton of research and still could not decide. So I finally decided not to spend an arm and a leg and go with a less expensive set and figure what I liked and did not like and replace in a few years if I was that unhappy. I did not want to spend a ton of money and find out six months later that A: I hated the stuff, and B: I spent way too much money for what I was going to use it for.

I finally went for an Emeril set from Macy's. It was on sale and I got a couple of more pieces for free. It is built by All Clad, but not as expensive as the rest of their stuff. I have been very happy with it it cooks great. I also like that all of the sauce pans have lips for pouring and they also have measurements on the inside - for example, yesterday a recipe call for 2 quarts of water, so instead of have to take a measuring cup out I just filled up the pan to the markings on the inside.

Bottom line is I have been very happy. I have only had it for six months so I can't comment on durability, but it is still in perfect condition after medium usage.

At least it did not say Bobby Flay on it......

I have the same set and love it. I haven't had any problems with the set at all. They cook great and I am also very happy with the set. I've only been using my set for a short time so I can't comment on durability either but so far so good!

I have really liked the Costco Kirkland brand. One of the lid handles fell off(spot weld) and I returned the whole set for a new one after about 9 months

I have to say: This is the first report I have ever read of a spot weld failing. My mother has a set of spot welded cookware (Farber or Revere) that is almost 40 years old, never had a problem. I had a cheap store breand set for 10 years and never had a problem with those either. That's why I prefer spot welding to brading. No problems and easier to clean. Sorry for your troubles.

dmp

I have a full set and then some of Emerilware by All Clad. Keep in mind these were made in China for All Clad so I presume the quality is not the same as "Made in the USA" All Clad. But the price was very inexpensive compared to the "Made in the USA" stuff so I had to try it. I am not disappointed at all. I have nothing bad to say about it. There is a copper core in-between the aluminum layers providing quick and even heat throughout the cooking surface.

Thanks for all of the input, gang! I ended up with Calphalon Contemporary Stainless. I liked the way the handles fit my hand better than the other choices. I ended up buying the online at Macy's. they had a special at 15% off and free shipping, plus Calphalon was giving out a couple of bonus items and I got an extra 20% off by using Bing Cashback.

P4020154.JPG

Back