THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D

Derek

Are these pretty good price @ $40 for the box of 5?

813535760_v24gL-L.jpg

&

813535745_VCQkW-L.jpg

I bet that box is around 10lbs, so it is around $4 a pound which is not bad for around here.
I think your right Landarc, And guess what?

I've found chicken wings that's 85 sodium for 5 wings ( Unsalted & Unseasoned ) nice eh?

I bet that box is around 10lbs, so it is around $4 a pound which is not bad for around here.

$4/lb for spares? At the Lunardi's down here they are always around $2/lb - but they are "all natural" shipped in from Iowa so I pass.

Back on topic:
For non-hippy meat $1-$3/lb is pretty normal in CA (sale price to full price at supermarkets) for Spare ribs (not St. Louis cut) but if you're a regular with the butcher they'll sometimes do a trim and sell them at the spares price

I can get two racks of Spares for around $15 at Costco (untrimmed). So, you could get six racks of spares for around $45. My thought is that 5 racks of trimmed and cut St. Louis style, sounds about right.

I just picked up some trimmed spares at Sams club for $1.97/lb. They come 3 racks per cryo. So like 6 racks cost me right around $30. They didn't charge more for already being trimmed which I liked. My trimmings usually end up going to waste so this was good.

Thanks guys, will 6 racks, 2 butts, mac & cheese, 12 ears of corn feed about 15-20 people for a family shin dig?

Hey gang! I can't remember who offered the rib throw down on here so I'm reviving a dead thread!

The Kansas City Rub ( Derek's Version )
817133772_6zhVg-L.jpg

St Loius Style Ribs un seasioned.
817133745_aWst6-L.jpg

Ribs With Olive & The Rub. ( put in the fridge )
Going to marinade it for 18 hours.
817133828_i2DiZ-L.jpg

a little mornings bumb, and I will be starting these as soon as the coffee kicks in!

Depending on the size of your butts, I'd say you'll have plenty of food. With a lot of sides, you can usually plan on a rack feeding two, maybe three. I could come and help you eat it!

Thank you for thehelp offer imaisufan.

But the family outing is in July. And I going to do this rib rack as a learning experiment. So that way when I really do cook the others in July they will be fall off the bone bonetastic!

Can I smoke my ribs for 100*f?

My faimly wants to eat the ribs around 7pm tonight. so if I do 98*f to 100*f it should take until 7pm when they're fully cooked right?

If you smoke them at absolute zero (-460 F) they might just be ready in time for the shindig in July! :evil:

Back