THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I smoke my ribs for 100*f?

My faimly wants to eat the ribs around 7pm tonight. so if I do 98*f to 100*f it should take until 7pm when they're fully cooked right?

If you cook at 100, you can't expect them to ever get any hotter internally than 100, no matter how long you smoke them, so I think I'd start later and cook hotter if I were you.

If you smoke them at absolute zero (-460 F) they might just be ready in time for the shindig in July! :evil:
No offense.

But man that's sarcastic talk there and it didn't answer my q :p

If you cook at 100, you can't expect them to ever get any hotter internally than 100, no matter how long you smoke them, so I think I'd start later and cook hotter if I were you.
Thanks I'll wait until none to smoke them at 275.

Should take 2 1/2 hours and they're done I would imagine.

( I'll grab the rack from the fridge and let it rest for a half hour before I put them in the smoker )

For spares I'd allow more time than 2 1/2 hours.

They might be done by then, but they could take four or five hours. Like most of our Q, they're done when they're done, and it's best to allow for more time than you think you'll need so that you don't have hungry people sitting around growling at you!

I haven't yet - but my gasser uses a water/drip pan. I may when I start using the kettle. I'll have to experiment.
Thank you Deguerre, I've decided I'm not going to flip mine ( I have a water/drip pan as well )

I use a rib rack in my WSM (gives more space)so yes I flip em at 2 hrs. If laying flat on grate, I dont flip over, but end to end with the meat side always up. what kind of smoker r u using?
Using a electric Mes 30 inch smoker and the ribs are a tight fit.

Just did the bendy test and they defently form a c shape bend!

So is it done? or should I let it go the 120 minutes that's remaining on the timer?

Ok, I've done the toothpick test as well and I had a very tiny amount of resistance.

According to everyone's advice and what not the ribs are done.

They really bended in to a C shape I they allmost touched end to end. And the prober part went in with no resistance.

Ok 3+ hours of cooking 10 minutes sitting i the cooled off smoker.

Here's the end result.
817703502_AXPZg-L.jpg

817703445_rkwT6-L.jpg

Back