THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Had to do yard work tonight so I put the Weber kettle rotisserie to work. I think the last time I used it was for Thanksgiving turkeys :twitch:

I snagged a Sanderson Farms bird the last time I was at the store, Ive been real happy with the chicken I cook from them. I dry brined it with kosher salt and finely ground black pepper Friday night...took me 3 days to get around to cooking it.

My garage kettle doesnt have a dome thermometer so I dont really know what it was cooking at, guessing 400* or so. The last of a random bag of KBB from who knows when and and a single chunk of cherry. Took about 90 minutes to finish. I even managed to take the temp of the bird while it was spinning with my Thermoworks Thermapen :clap:

The skin is fried to a crisp and all bubbly...should be tasty :thumb:

Attachments

• 20190422_200940~2.jpg
    20190422_200940~2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Got it all cut up, picked the carcass clean, and I obviously ate both oysters and a wing section for a job well done. Did a MSU beef shank stew in the Instant Pot last night, meal prepped for the week with cheap eats. :thumb:

Back