Speed Ribs (Rib Cook-off)

Sir Pork a Lot...why are you talking so much ****...man up and cook it.

Why do you spout off about par boiling and posting crap about the judges...this is your FIRST fawking contest at Fat City Grillers Supply and you don't know crap about it or who the judges are.
I know there has been a CBJ and experienced judges there as well.

It's a BACKYARD EVENT! RELAX

Instead of opening your mouth on a public forum about a place you have only been to once to sign up for a contest, take a little time to listen to them, they may have some more knowledge than you think.
If you bitch so much about it, why did you even bother signing up?

If a 14 year old can figure it out well, maybe you can.

Had to check to see if you were just a troll. :tsk:

Thank you for possibly the most useless post ever. :thumb:

Just remember John, out here, you have to sauce ribs, that is just how we roll in Cali, a nice thick sweet sauce.

Just remember John, out here, you have to sauce ribs, that is just how we roll in Cali, a nice thick sweet sauce.

Oh be honest at least....

You know damn well that a spicy mustard sauce is king in Cali! :crazy:

I was told not to tell John that Bubba, he needs to discover that hisself.

maybe instead of whining about it, you should get out there, douse the offset in gasoline and try cooking some ribs in 3 hours. Maybe I can try the UDS later this week, it might work great.
I saw one or two UDSs in that video...

I thought we were promised ribs in 3.5 hours. Well, where are they? :mad:

I think he is experimenting with a pressure cooker now.

I would, but I'm afraid it will blow up.

Parboil baby!!

Speed Ribs:
Boil ribs
Drain water
Add a little liquid smoke
Add bbq sauce
Simmer in crockpot for 2 hours on high
Toss on grill at 400F to set glaze

Done

Actually John, these were cooked alternating between direct and indirect on one of those ginormous park grills for probably an average of 2~2 1/2 hours and they came out very good. St. Louis cut over coals with sticks of oak that were lying around - about 5~6 inches above the flames.

020-1.jpg

Actually John, these were cooked alternating between direct and indirect on one of those ginormous park grills for probably an average of 2~2 1/2 hours and they came out very good. St. Louis cut over coals with sticks of oak that were lying around - about 5~6 inches above the flames.

020-1.jpg

The beautiful carbon color on those ribs are exquisite. :twitch:

This is my new favorite thread. Funny chit. I will say I'm a little offended by DerrickG's post. No, not the one where he gets all buddy buddy with John, the other one. Us East Coaster's are only trolls until be buy a subscription. :becky:

Keep in mind I'm from PA so I don't know how to make real BBQ in the first place and I do use foil and I always cook baby backs, but if someone were to ask for my opinion which they haven't. I would just cook them for 2 hrs at 275* then foil for 1hr. and put them back on the smoker to firm up or until they are done. If you do decide on the crock pot. I would definitely set it to high because of the time constraints. :thumb:

Those look good boss, but, how was the texture?
Tender as a mother's love.

First bite was the sweetness of the brown sugar and honey applied during the foiling.

2nd bite was soft tender & juicy with a slight bit of pull.

Clean bite to the bone

Leaves you with a touch of heat on the back of the tongue.

A winner for sure with a slight tweaking.

Back