***SPECIAL*** Discussion Thread -> "Soups, Stews, & Chili!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Might have to participate in my first throwdown on this one.
Gotta get my butt kicked I reckon.

How did you figure it out?

0007892933587_500X500.jpg

0003566911250_500X500.jpg

The Corky's is for when Company calls...

Everybody LOVE'S Corky's!

Cook it in a dutch oven in the smoker?

Aren't the entries supposed to consist of food that has been grilled or
smoked?

So he would need to grill or smoke the Clams and Potatoes first, then
finish it all in the Dutch Oven.....?

smoked?

That's the plan. Smoke the celery and onions too.

smoked?

I'd have to go back and look, but I'm pretty sure that entries cooked in a DO in a grill or smoker, or over a fire, without grilled ot smoked ingredients, have been allowed in the past, but it's always safer to include a grilled or smoked ingredient.

I'd have to go back and look, but I'm pretty sure that entries cooked in a DO in a grill or smoker, or over a fire, without grilled ot smoked ingredients, have been allowed in the past, but it's always safer to include a grilled or smoked ingredient.

Actually, We tied for winner when I used a dutch oven in the GOSM. And, remember KnucklHed's DO Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

Actually, We tied for winner when I used a dutch oven in the GOSM. And, remember KnucklHed's DO Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

Yep. I did a little looking around and several dishes in the One Dish Wonders TD were cooked in a skillet, DO or even a casserole dish solely, but cooked in a smoker or grill.

If you want to go back into time you can look at the original Soups, Stews and Chili TD. This exact subject was debated extensively in that thread :-D

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70947

I'd prefer not to debate this whole thing again, however :-D

Yep. I did a little looking around and several dishes in the One Dish Wonders TD were cooked in a skillet, DO or even a casserole dish solely, but cooked in a smoker or grill.

If you want to go back into time you can look at the original Soups, Stews and Chili TD. This exact subject was debated extensively in that thread :-D

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70947

I'd prefer not to debate this whole thing again, however :-D

If dutch ovens and skillets etc. are allowed then all is OK, if the
Throwdown moderators decide it meets the requirements, then
it sounds like it's taken care of.

If dutch ovens and skillets etc. are allowed then all is OK, if the
Throwdown moderators decide it meets the requirements, then
it sounds like it's taken care of.

Yes, as long as either part of the dish or the whole dish is cooked on some kind of grill or smoker, even if it's in a separate vessel, it's OK. Moose and I have conferred on this, plus, the precedent was set long ago (in a TD far, far away).

Back