THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, what are you talking about? Al gets at least half the credit for being the captain, or was it Moose? Well, Moose should get at least 20% credit, and N8man made all those cool avatars and should get at least 20%. Then the rest of the crew provided all that great moral support that should be worth a minimum of 10%. If I count that up right, we could've put those two entries together without Kathy at all. :shock:

Well the math adds up correctly. So I guess Kathys entries don't count for the veteran farkanaughties. :caked:

To all whome it may concern, this is an official entry. Thank you.

I don't normally enter one dish in more than one throwdown, but if it helps the cause of the SS Veterans, I'll make some exceptions.

I started with some quality, all-natural sausage -- which was on sale for less than the un-natural stuff (bonus).

picture.php

I dusted it lightly with Dr. BBQ's Bigtime BBQ Rub. And onto the mini WSM it went. I did this last night, so I could cool it and re cook it today -- more on that, later.

picture.php

picture.php

Today, I gathered up my ingredients, in classic mise en place fashion. Those are organic, cage free chicken eggs. Nothing but the best for bucc.

picture.php

Now, the final cook was very hectic, with lots going on at one time, so I didn't have time to get the camera and take pictures, without burning something.

I re-heated the sliced fatty by frying it in rendered bacon fat. The hash-browns were then cooked in the same bacon fat.

I sautéed the onions and mushrooms, poured on the eggs, and made an omelet. Right before folding the omelet, I put cheddar jack cheese on, and after folding, added some more cheese to the top.

I served it all up with a couple slices of Texas toast, which is toast made from extra-thick slices of white bread.

And here we have it, a high cholesterol, high-fat breakfast cannonball hurling toward the SS Noobian.

picture.php

CD

Noob's we need to fire back. Theses farkanuts are firing back with some force... Now what to make next?:attention:

I don't normally enter one dish in more than one throwdown, but if it helps the cause of the SS Veterans, I'll make some exceptions.

I started with some quality, all-natural sausage -- which was on sale for less than the un-natural stuff (bonus).

picture.php

I dusted it lightly with Dr. BBQ's Bigtime BBQ Rub. And onto the mini WSM it went. I did this last night, so I could cool it and re cook it today -- more on that, later.

picture.php

picture.php

Today, I gathered up my ingredients, in classic mise en place fashion. Those are organic, cage free chicken eggs. Nothing but the best for bucc.

picture.php

Now, the final cook was very hectic, with lots going on at one time, so I didn't have time to get the camera and take pictures, without burning something.

I re-heated the sliced fatty by frying it in rendered bacon fat. The hash-browns were then cooked in the same bacon fat.

I sautéed the onions and mushrooms, poured on the eggs, and made an omelet. Right before folding the omelet, I put cheddar jack cheese on, and after folding, added some more cheese to the top.

I served it all up with a couple slices of Texas toast, which is toast made from extra-thick slices of white bread.

And here we have it, a high cholesterol, high-fat breakfast cannonball hurling toward the SS Noobian.

picture.php

CD

CD, I think you just sank their Battleship!

Unofficial entry volley. Phsycological Warfare purposes only. Not responsible for collateral damage to the Noobian Scurves.

Chicken Breasts brined overnight.
DSCN0004.jpg

Dried, rubbed, and ready for the Weber.
DSCN0016.jpg

Indirect heat at 300 degrees.
DSCN0018.jpg

Finishing bacon in 100+yr old skillet.
DSCN0020.jpg

Getting there.
DSCN0022.jpg

Resting before the shred.
DSCN0031.jpg

Tortillas warming.
DSCN0032.jpg

Shredded with a touch of Sticky Fingers.
DSCN0035.jpg

Wrap that rascal.
DSCN0038.jpg

Finished with a side of beans and potato salad. Good eats. Your move Noobie.
DSCN0042.jpg

All these unofficial entries and other posts with pr0n are going to mess with bigabyte's head. Good job brethren. :thumb:

CD

Well, since it looks like we've had a few shots fired already, I may as well lock and load. Here's my initial entry for the Noobians.

First, I had to make a beer run. My favorite brewery, Lucette in Menomonie WI, just started canning and distributing yesterday. They haven't gotten across the border yet, so I took a mini road trip to WI and picked up a couple of six packs:

20120802_234627.jpg

Then I decided to make some spares. Didn't get a prep shot because I'm still a Noobian. I did, however, recall that someone asked me last week how I made my smoked squash, so I took a couple of prep shots of that. Got a buttercup squash and scooped out the pulp and seeds:

20120802_164634.jpg

Dusted it with Yardbird and filled the cavities half full with dark brown sugar:

20120802_164858.jpg

After the spares had been on for about 2 hours, I put the squash on:

20120802_165103.jpg

Pulled the spares and sauced:

20120802_184058.jpg

Quick shot of the smoke ring:

20120802_191519.jpg

And the final plated product. Spares, squash, and salad; a very alliterated plate:

20120802_191752.jpg

Squash was a little undercooked for my tastes, but it still turned out OK. All in all, it was a good day. :biggrin1:

I love it. I think the old farts are allergic to bears

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Back