SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans, Season 2" Throwdown!!! (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Last edited:
The Noobian Wardlord is back! Since this battle is taking place at sea, how about a little seafood?

picture.php

Ok Noobs, keep postin while Aye'm LOADING. My next round will send y'all down To Davie Jones Locker! FER SURE Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh :twisted:

Aye can't say aye didn't warn ya noobs! Please accept this entry for the Farkenaughty crew!
This is me trusty "Fatty Rachelle's Naked, and Smokin a Sammy" Guaranteed to satisfy. I loaded up the big guns for this one and it's landing on the Noobian's Poop Deck right about now!

Please use this as me polling pic!

The build thread can be found here. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2511270&postcount=1

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh ya can't survive much longer NOOBS :razz:

Aye can't say aye didn't warn ya noobs! Please accept this entry for the Farkenaughty crew!
This is me trusty "Fatty Rachelle's Naked, and Smokin a Sammy" Guaranteed to satisfy. I loaded up the big guns for this one and it's landing on the Noobian's Poop Deck right about now!

Please use this as me polling pic!

The build thread can be found here. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2511270&postcount=1

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh ya can't survive much longer NOOBS :razz:

Dude! Where did you find the Professional Hand Model? :becky: Mighty Fine Mate!

Noobian brisket leftovers- the gloves are off

Hangin with the big boys isn't as easy as it appears but please follow along. I've been on the Throwdown sidelines too long, its time to get the splinters out and time to get into the game.

Special mention to fellow noobian Angryfish01, whose filbert encrusted lamb rack ought got the veterans a bit wadded up.

My entry started as a sixteen pound packer whose destiny, chosen by me, was to become burger for the household. But such is the way of life, time got away and the brisket was taking up precious fridge space Hence, after a trimming, a generous dusting of "Bar B Que rub"(acquired during a Brethren trading post session) and an overnight in the fridge, the brisket got set on the baby Traeger at low(225), using cherry pellets.

Took eight hours to reach 168, where the brisket got foiled. At 198, in the flat, the brisket probed tender, and I added some beef broth, rewrapped the leaks and coolered for a couple of hours.

IMG_1384800x600_zpsf3bf260d.jpg

Sliced up the flat.

IMG_1386800x600_zps93f37e90.jpg

A winning dinner served with salad, corn on the cob, and condiments of Sweet Baby ray's Original and a mix in of Beaver horseradish.

IMG_1389800x600_zpsa025d4c9.jpg

But as good as that was it just wasn't the end of the story. There remained about five pounds of briskie. What followed was the entry into the challenge posed by the Veterans. After consulting with the boss(she who sometime buys my beer) it was decided to use some of the remaining brisket as an open faced sammie with mashed taters and gravy.

So I broke out the slicer and cut it thin. Thin to win.

IMG_13921024x768_zps7253dfd3.jpg

Dropped the beef into an au jous of the drippings mixed with beef broth. Covered with a generous dose of gravy.
Here is my entry into the Noobs vs the Veterans Throwdown

E
IMG_13931024x768_zpsf5d91e23.jpg

That looks Marvelous, Aye say, Simply Marvelous. Now ya got me dander up, a brisket, a basket, and nobians in a casket. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.
(Nice Job Though)

Back