SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans, Season 2" Throwdown!!! (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

OldYote, Those are Super Tri-tips! Come on down here for a visit. Y'all will love those shrimps and mudbugs by the time you leave. ;D

Official Rib attack on the Noobians!

de4okw.jpg

First Peach wood thread here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167789

Update! Got a plated pic:

spag0i.jpg

Is this fun or what? ;D

Last edited:
Oh boy that really sunk my ship, it looks so good! I'd like to hear more about the Fava puree if you don't mind. :becky: :hungry:

Thank you all for the kind words!

For the fava beans puree, you need: dried fava beans, a good amount of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
Cover the dried fava beans with water for one night. Then rinse them*and put them in a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for about 30 minutes. Then put*the beans in a blender and make the puree. Put the puree into a clean pan and start adding the oil in a thin mix. Continue adding oil until the puree is very creamy. Add salt and pepper. Add the smoked octopus. Or grilled shrimps....:becky:

Official Farkenaut farking entry, farkers

I started by going to the bank, to take out a loan to buy a t-bone steak. :twitch:

I put it on a rack, salted it with some sea salt, and put it in the fridge to draw some water out to enhance the meaty goodness.

picture.php

Hot and fast on the 18.5 OTG.

picture.php

I skewered some jumbo Gulf shrimps, lubed them with some canola oil spray, and seasoned them with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Than, while the steak rested, I cooked the shrimps hot and fast on the kettle.

picture.php

I finished the entry with a peppercorn sauce made with a butter and flour roux, cream, and stock -- and cracked peppercorns, of course.

Ant this would be my money shot...

picture.php

CD

Thank you all for the kind words!

For the fava beans puree, you need: dried fava beans, a good amount of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
Cover the dried fava beans with water for one night. Then rinse them*and put them in a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for about 30 minutes. Then put*the beans in a blender and make the puree. Put the puree into a clean pan and start adding the oil in a thin mix. Continue adding oil until the puree is very creamy. Add salt and pepper. Add the smoked octopus. Or grilled shrimps....:becky:

Thanks so much for sharing, I cant wait to try this. :thumb:
Have you ever added some vinegar to the puree to give it a little bit of acidity?

Counter Rib Attack on Toast and the Vets!

The counter attack includes a special desert volley!

Spares trimmed St. Louis style rubbed with some SM Sweet Seduction and some OakRidge Habanero Death Dust.

A24145C5-39E6-4632-9BBD-846C0B7DAAA2-19216-00000BB957B06AC7_zpsff0898a5.jpg

Sauced with a generous amount of Plowboys En Fuego Spicy BBQ Sauce. Unfortunately, I seem to have a hard time getting plated shots...lets eat!

DD0D4853-1256-49F7-A4E8-00072C2DEA5C-19550-00000BE952CCA5AA_zps38700152.jpg

Grilled, then flipped to add some agave nectar.
D3E45B24-DD06-410D-B9A4-E0789BB98A94-17269-00000AA851A22B34_zps2eb6460e.jpg

Topped with brown sugar and cinnamon.
143C7944-E91A-4452-ABF7-26829DD4002C-17269-00000AA85ECF02EB_zps4e79b907.jpg

Nothing better!
F3E3E238-9B8E-4DFA-838C-162B0DDF1850-17269-00000AAAC8E1CCBA_zps16766f7b.jpg

Don't forget to specify which picture you want used for the vote thread.

You managed to miss an entry while posting your most recent poll and there were only 7 in that one, not counting the DQs. I shudder to think what will happen come the afternoon of September 2nd...:p

You managed to miss an entry while posting your most recent poll and there were only 7 in that one, not counting the DQs. I shudder to think what will happen come the afternoon of September 2nd...:p

Better call in Caseydog too. :becky:

Back