***SPECIAL*** BBQ Brethren "Cook It Like a Brisket" Throwdown!

You fold your brisket in half for cooking? What? Okay, next year, you pitbitch for the entire Bash. No excuses that you have to work, you need to learn a few things.

Butt, Butt, Butt.......... I thought this was the cook it like a bigabyte brisket invitational open TD.:noidea:
Why else would he call such a hot topic TD with all the shameless promotions. :tsk:

22_Raw_OnCooker.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, tri-tip is injected, two layer rubbed and on smoker as we speak. It is at 235F and holding, and, since I am doing it, it is gonna rock.

Yes, I mean, no, I do not cook rocks.

Dang, it is just like brisket, 5 hours at 225F and it is still not probe tender.

6 hours, 6 farking hours! A 2 pound roast takes 6 hours at 225F to get to where a brisket flat would take 4 hours.

Last edited:
First I find out that I can't turn in fruit and then this Tri-tip shows up. I think I will have to skip this one. There is no way to win.

I'm thinking this throwdown is the ultimate challenge. I'm thinking seafood. I'm thinking scallops cooked like a farking brisket. This could completely revolutionize the world of seafood. Scallops cooked low and slow for eight farking hours. I'm thinking a mild smoke, like pecan -- or maybe a sweet smoke, like apple.

It's time to make history!

CD

CD, that is farking redonkulous. there would be no smoke ring for starters (thats where the flavor is, duh), and I seriously doubt you could slice them across the grain and get get them to stay together... :rolleyes:

Hi guys, This aussie is trying his third pork butt in an old KAMADO(japanese) bought off ebay.
The first two went so well, i will continue to use the texas sweet rub i bought at a local "american" store!
My partener and i are doing the old routr 66 in August(got about twenty five days to cross, any good tips on bbq places i can visit or if i am in the wrong thread, can you redirect me please.
This is one of my first posts and i am still trying to navagate!!
Wish me luck with the BUTT!!(4kg/8lb)

Welcome! I'll help ya' out!

You've found your way into the dodgy part of the forum, all sort of unspeakable things take place in this mad house! :crazy:

I think the spot you're looking for first is "Cattle Call" located here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

best of luck with your butt! :thumb:

Edit: be sure to post some pics of your komado, there are several others around here sportin' K Joe's too! You're in good company! But look out for the other Aussies running around the place, something just ain't right about them... :crazy: 'specially that Smokin aussie fella... "Bill" I think he calls himself :heh:

Hi guys, This aussie is trying his third pork butt in an old KAMADO(japanese) bought off ebay.
The first two went so well, i will continue to use the texas sweet rub i bought at a local "american" store!
My partener and i are doing the old routr 66 in August(got about twenty five days to cross, any good tips on bbq places i can visit or if i am in the wrong thread, can you redirect me please.
This is one of my first posts and i am still trying to navagate!!
Wish me luck with the BUTT!!(4kg/8lb)

Pretty sneaky Aussie griller. I see a butt cooked like a brisket on the way. :doh: Why didn't I think of that. Here I sit with a whole pile of mushy apples.

Back